Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

High Altitude Kampout Flagstaff, AZ
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
TopBud
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:28 pm    Post subject: High Altitude Kampout Flagstaff, AZ Reply with quote

August 01, 2008 - August 03, 2008 - High Altitude Kampout
Flagstaff, Arizona
High Altitude Kampout

Come Join The Flagstaff/ Grand Canyon KOA
Friday & Saturday August 1st & August 2nd for the First annual Volkswagen Weekend!
VW camping, events, food, and parties!
Cost is $8.00 per person, per night! Kids 5 and under are free!
Friday
We will be showing Herbie: Fully loaded on a big screen TV for the kids at 7:30 pm.
We will be serving Root Beer Floats for $2.00 each
Saturday:
We will be having Volkswagen RC car races at 2pm¡Kbring your own or use ours. As VW junkies ourselves we have got a few of em' to play with ƒº
Winner takes home a SWEET prize!

We will also be holding a Horseshoe Tournament at 4pm¡Kwith prizes for the winning team.

We're serving All you can eat Homemade chili, corn bread, and s'mores for $7.00 per person at 7pm.
We will be raffling off VW parts and toys at the Chili Dinner
We will have music and a firepit burnin' out back of our events building.
Feel free to set out your swap tables and get some parts out to those in need!
Our campground has 2 large, clean bathroom facilities, laundry rooms, Free Wi-Fi, Kamp Kitchen that serves breakfast in the mornings from 7 to 10. Huge playground. Our back yard is Mt. Elden so the best hiking trails in town are steps away¡K..Come join us in the Tall Cool Pines!
We have reserved a huge section of the campground just for us that come with electrical plugs and water spigots¡Kso call and make your reservation today!!! We will need RSVP's so we make sure we cook enough chili!
928-526-9926 www.FlagstaffKOA.com
5803 N. Highway 89 Flagstaff, AZ
Hosted by: Justin & Janyel Pitman KOA managers 62' Single Cab
or contact Stingah2 on thesamba
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
TopBud
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the flagstaff vw folks have been talking about this for a while and Justin stepped up with a place and a date. Way to go Justin. Should be fun. hopefully it will have a good amount o folks.
the first one...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
fergus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a Blast! Thanks for stepping up Flagstaff!

http://www.arizonabusclub.com

An Arizona-based, family-oriented club, dedicated to the restoration, preservation, and enjoyment of the Volkswagen Transporter. Plus we drink a lot of beer.

You are receiving this email because you are watching the topic, "Wood U Hit It? (Possibly NSFW)" at TheSamba.com.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Miamitype2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice! an August campout!!! Will slap it on the ole calendar for sure!
big bus mike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's back to back with the Heber campout. I know that I can't do both and I'm already committed to Heber.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Gina
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:40 pm    Post subject: I'm in Reply with quote

I'm in. Short little drive that I know the bus can tolerate. Hope to finish some interior welding before the campout. Glad to hear we're having one in the pines.
wickedwater
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a great time! I'm thinking with the gas prices so jacked up I will do the two for one run. Do the Flag campout, hit some fire roads/back roads during the week and end up at Mogollon Madness in Heber the next weekend.
Miamitype2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or, you can always come up to Vegas!!!! Looks like a good dual campout plan... gonna have to attempt to set it up.
wickedwater
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vegas sounds good, but being its August I'm thinking ponderosa forests, aspens, and mountain lakes.
Gina
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Flag campout is $7 per night, but the website mislead me to believe it was $50 for a cheap spot. Guess I should have read the fine print.
salty dog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm afraid I'll have to miss this one. We have a lot of work to do from now until Mogollon Maddness.Hope to see evryone in Heber the next weekend. Sounds like it will be a good one, you all have fun and be safe.

67 Fastback RIP 3-1-11
62 Panel/Sub-Hatch/Camper
69 Single Cab
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
salty dog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yo Andy, the wife and I will be at the Mogollon spot on Wednesday afternoon. You and yours are welcome to come on over and get your piece of prime real estate for the weekend. We got to have a beer or two anyway.[/quote]

67 Fastback RIP 3-1-11
69 Single Cab
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
stingah2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:43 pm    Post subject: Cost of Kampout.... Reply with quote

just wanted to post a correction...if you go on the website...it is going to give the rates for a normal kamper...since we run the place and know how much we are investing in the weekend we can set the price so the price is $8 per person per night....we have a ton of stuff planned, activities,,,stuff for the kids etc. we went and bought a ton of prizes for the events and raffles and I meet with the tshirt lady on monday...justin and I just need to come up with a design. We are super excited....Tony is working getting some live music in as well when he gets back from the river. We are off to Cali now to pick up a type 3 to add to the family...justin and I have been collecting these for over 10 years together and he has always owned one...this is our first type 3 but it will be good for the kayaks. well I hope we see you guys in August...

Janyel (the Stingah2 Wife) Smile
Miamitype2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just checked and I have plenty of vacation time allotted to allow me a few 3 day weekends... so, I'll roll the dice and plan for both this and Mog campout. Just gotta shed some crocodile tears to get 2 three day weekends off in a row!!!! Hey, it's for the kids!! ...... and now, I announce my bid for President of the United States.
Hope to see y'all soon....
marco_s
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there any good fishing spots in flagstaff? ive heard its nice up there and this would be the perfect time to visit and maybe do some fishin.
salty dog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marco there is Black Canyon Lake about 5 miles from the Mogollon Maddness Camp Out. There is some good trout fishing there. I am not saying don't go to Flagstaff, but am inviting EVERYONE to come over to Heber the next weekend. I know the Kalil and some others made it last year, and I hope the rain didn't scare them off for this year. Laughing

67 Fastback RIP 3-1-11
69 Single Cab
gerg
a.k.a. 6volt65

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just may have to roll to this one . . . Maybe I can caravan with the infamous vegastype2? LOL

What kind of temps are in the area that time of year?

. . . I got 99 problems and my bus ain't one . . .

'65 Sunroof Beetle
'65 Vert
'60 Singlecab
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Miamitype2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The more the merrier Greg!! I hope to as well....it's right before Mog Madness, so that's 2 long weekends in a row. Could be iffy.... but, I'm gonna try! Would be great to do 2 campouts in blazing August....and get outta Vegas for a bit!
stingah2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:57 pm    Post subject: high altitude campout Reply with quote

theres is great trout fishing in lake mary which is 20 minutes away and fishing in oak creek which is 15 minutes away....the days are about 75-80ish....nights get down to 670's although august can be a little warmer but ive not seen a 90 degree day in a while...we are on tyhe back of mt eldon so we have huge pine trees and mountain views...it is beautiful!! we just got back from kingman and stopped at the vw shop there...picked up some empi stuff for the raffle and the owner is comin with some more stuff....said he was gonna roll with a pretty good group from kingman...maybe you can roll out with them vegas???? better in vw's to travel in packs....in case of emergecy Smile
big bus mike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two questions:

1. Why is the event the week before the Mogllion Madness in Heber? Some of us can't drive that far for back to back weekends.

2. Is there a discount for families bringing multiple kids? $8 a person adds up in a really REALLY big hurry with a large family.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: