Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Best website for misc. VW parts.
Forum Index -> Accessories/Memorabilia/Toys Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dan Van 73
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2004 9:45 am    Post subject: Best website for misc. VW parts. Reply with quote

I am the new owner of a 1973 Microbus. But the swtich that activates the dome light for when the dorr is open does not work. i need to know what is the best website to order a working switch, or any other misc. old VW parts. Thank you/
53 0val
Samba Professor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2004 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're on it. Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
NorCalWeekender
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2004 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're soaking in it, too! Wait, that's palmolive.com Wink

-Taylor

"Eventually, we sold to a guy for $500 who towed it away to live in it in his parents' driveway. We didn't think it would ever avoid the junk heap on that day." -The 3rd Owner, 1995
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Ragman
The Sambinator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

www.busdepot.com is pretty good for late model bus parts.
earthmuffin
Samba Worm Farmer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 7:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Best website for misc. VW parts. Reply with quote

Dan Van 73 wrote:
I am the new owner of a 1973 Microbus. But the swtich that activates the dome light for when the dorr is open does not work. i need to know what is the best website to order a working switch, or any other misc. old VW parts. Thank you/

If you live close to a decent import shop that specializes in VW's, they are likley to stock them. Thats where I got mine.

Those switches contacts get corroded pretty easy. You might try taking it out and cleaning the contacts on the backside.
obus Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree w/ 53 oval and ragman. seriously though, i have used bus depot before w/o problems.
1960 Paprika Red Karmann Ghia Convertible aka Schatze L452 built 5/20/60
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...highlight=
66 21 window bus built 8/31/65 https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=777273
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
coad Premium Member
Samba Scapegoat

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

obus wrote:
i have used bus depot before w/o problems.

It's hard to beat Wolfsburg West's website. Good pictures so you don't need to know what the part is called, they tell you if they have it in stock, they show you a picture of the part, they generally tell you if it is German or something less, and checkout is fast and easy.

Bus Depot's site lists more parts, but many of them are special order, and some are just plain not available. I've wasted weeks dealing with them. It is also a pain unless you have a part # to type in, and that horn noise when you first go there just bugs the hell out of me.
earthmuffin
Samba Worm Farmer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coad wrote:
and that horn noise when you first go there just bugs the hell out of me.

I purposefully turn the speakers up and open that site up several times a day at work just to piss off my co-workers. I love it.
Busdepot has great prices but as said earlier, they are slow in shipping. CBperformance is even slower. I just placed an order with wolfsburgwest and they got my parts out like lightning. I will definitely do biz with them again.
The customer service at busdepot is top notch. They screwed up an order and next dayed the part to me at their cost. It showed up before my morning paper. That is the kind of stuff that keeps me coming back.
olskool58
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolfsburg West is top notch- busted a vent wing lock wednesday on the way to work- ordered a replacement that morning, had it on my doorstep before noon on friday- cant beat that-
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Accessories/Memorabilia/Toys All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: