Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

vw bus factory - vwbusfactory.com - [email protected]
Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
This page may contain links to eBay where the site receives compensation.
Viewing feedback for: THE VW FACTORY
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: July 23, 2008
jim98533
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:47 am    Post subject: vw bus factory - vwbusfactory.com - [email protected] Reply with quote

Hi All, Just received my van from vw bus factory that advertise on the samba, not best pleased . It arrived with no rear bumper and brackets missing, i have had to replace cv joints and exhaust system, also looks like they got bored color sanding van because my 9 year old could do a better job, also paid extra for a new pop top canvas and they did not send that either. Beware everybody don't buy from them they are only interested in getting your money, they won't respond to my emails etc etc. Just looked at their new website and they say they are expanding, who says crime doesn't pay Mad

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/search.php?username=THE+VW+FACTORY

Moderator Note:
This person is banned from the site

Other ids:
eBay user nexttime619
https://www.ebay.com/usr/nexttime619
tk76
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

im glad i saw this thread, ive been corresponding with vwfactory about a bus Shocked bad news... does anyone else have any experience with them?
slappy71
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:06 pm    Post subject: vwbusfactory Reply with quote

I'm also looking for a couple more satisfied customers before doing business with them. The seat covers look nice, if they can deliver...
MrEnglishman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:39 pm    Post subject: DONT GET MUDDLED UP!! Reply with quote

Please do not get www.vwbusfactory.com muddled up with www.busfactory.com

www.busfactory.com have absolutely nothing to do with the recently formed small San Diego based company.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
THE VW FACTORY
Banned

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BB

Last edited by THE VW FACTORY on Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:46 pm; edited 3 times in total
THE VW FACTORY
Banned

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BB

Last edited by THE VW FACTORY on Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
jim98533
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No your right i did not buy from the vwbusfactory, looks like that was formed shortly after. I recognize the photo's on your web site and the contact names on your website . I hope you think up another new name soon . All you need to do is send me my new pop top canvas that i paid for the rest i am sorting out myself. Tony or beth or whoever you are today. (I am not in any way referring to the bus factory.com) : Shame on you
dcketh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just received a set of brown plaid bucket seat covers. They are beautiful, and very well made. I can't comment yet on the fit as I won't be ready to put them on the seats for a while, but judging from the obvious high quality of the workmanship, I have no worries. Thanks!
vwbusbusvw
Banned

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have some experience with VWBusFactory. I did not buy a bus from them, but did drop off my '70 Westfalia at their shop for work -

Stripped and painted, rusty battery tray and front floor replaced, upholstery, and a higher geared transmission. It was nothing fancy; that's how I roll. It came out pretty nice... not perfect, but better than 95% I've seen at shows and meets.

This was about a year ago, and the paint and interior still look awesome - minus some of my coffee stains on the driver seat. I've been back at their place a few times since to get some parts, and I'd consider Jimmy a friend. They're a small 3 person shop, and some things may take a little longer than some of the bigger operations out there, but they get it done. Definitely recommended.

Peace out, girlscout.

OMVWC
Quote:
stuped is stuped duse
MrEnglishman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:17 pm    Post subject: vwbusfactory are also known as tkt motors Reply with quote

vwbusfactory are a company called tkt motors :

http://www.networksolutions.com/whois/results.jsp?domain=vwbusfactory.com

tkt motors bought the domain name vwbusfactory.com on March 11th 2008

Here is the feedback for tkt motors:

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=264285&highlight=tkt

All facts!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
auctiongirl
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are you talking about? No it doesnt, it just says VWBUSFACTORY. I think you and jim98533 are in cahoots.....

I love THE VW BUS FACTORY !
SuperSamba Premium Member
Samba False Idol

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They updated it.

You are obviously associated with this user:
Code:
Users posting ads from this IP address
VW Bus Factory
Users registering from this IP address
auctiongirl

You are now banned.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
hows_this
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i bought a van from vw busfactory , tkt motors , auctiongirl and whatever other names they have they are all the same people selling shit vans at top prices.
they sell as restored campers but the photos taken are different vans to the one you receive. mine still needed a full resto and even the cabinets inside were different to the ones in the van photos i received.

i have had dealings with all the names above , and abuse from vwbusbusvw all relating to the camper i bought

you sell your vans on ebay, turn down higher bids from people in america as you know they wont buy if they see them. you target people in the uk as the shipping takes so long there is no way of getting money refunded through e bay
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Note that their username on this site has been changed to
THE VW FACTORY

They also edited out all their comments above and deleted their ads from the site.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!

Last edited by EverettB on Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:48 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
maskadeo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:46 am    Post subject: VW BUS FACTORY Reply with quote

Let me just preface this with saying that I am a pretty easy going , rational person who thinks human beings are for the most part good, honest people. Over the years, I’ve bought a number of cars online/ebay including: 1957 Corvette, 1965 Corvair convertible, 1993 Toyota Landcruiser, 1999 Mercedes E320 and a 2001 Honda Odyssey. Some showed up nicer than others, some of the other’s descriptions were a little “fluffed,” none were grossly misrepresented.

I purchased a 1978 Westfalia from the VW BUS FACTORY and this vehicle was GROSSLY MISREPRESENTED! What I presumably paid for was a vehicle that “ran & drove great.” What I got was this…
The truck driver drops off at my house, the vehicle won’t idle. “OK, probably just needs a little adjustment.” I inspect the exterior of the vehicle and here’s what it looks like:

Windshield: Poor…permanently fogged and noticeably chipped up…worse than you would find on a parts vehicle. Paint: A quick and nasty job, most of the body work wasn’t even finished when it was painted. Bumpers also painted on the vehicle, and about a dozen runs, some the size of your index finger. The front spare tire cover had blown off during shipping and what is there is a completely worn , flat tire that has steel belts coming through…I deduce was there solely to hang the spare tire cover on. Lots of turn signal covers held on with drywall screws, all side ones inoperable. All four tires are dry rotted.

Interior: Filthy. Many parts broken or missing. I knew the radio was missing from the photos, and had one ordered. Not a shred of paperwork…no bill of sale, no title. I pop the top and try to unfold the bunk, but all there is no hinged bunk board…just the cushion. Both window cranks are broken and someone attempted to fix them with a stapler.

Open the engine compartment…All engine tin is missing. Battery is defying physics by still sitting on a tray that is 90% gone. Mechanic says cylinder #3 has zero compression, motor mounts are gone, one shock is badly bent, needs brakes. About the only thing that works on the dash is the clock. Go figure!

I try to call Beth Osborne at the VW BUS FACTORY and the number no longer works (this is never a good sign). I reach her by email and she says that she wants to work this out but will be gone for a week. She swears up and down that it ran “good” when it left, and it definitely had the upper bunk board when it left. I told her this van is nowhere near the condition described in your ad, and is basically a rolling restoration project. She says I obviously mistook this for a vehicle that was “professionally” restored which are bringing $20,000+. I told her that I know what these vehicles go for in the hobby, and that I received one worth roughly half what I paid. I ask her for $1000 refunded (before the mechanic gave me the news on the compression). So that I could fix things to make the vehicle resemble the description of her ad. She said she would only if I left her positive feedback on Ebay. Thinking this may have been a onetime “oops” on her part, I reluctantly agreed. I then received an email & phone call from a gentleman a few hundred miles south of me who just received a 1974 from the VW BUS FACTORY, which also had a bad engine, poor paintjob, doors that wouldn’t shut.

Whose fault is this? Mine. I should have researched this seller more. I did ask all the pertinent questions in regards to the vehicle and its condition, but what I got back were lies. I wouldn’t waste your time or money with this seller…unless you want a “glorified” parts vehicle. If you do buy a vehicle from them have it shipped directly to your favorite local mechanic/restoration shop. Because chances are it will need a lot of work to be roadworthy.

M. S.
Traverse City, Michigan
The Sage
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Whose fault is this? Mine. I should have researched this seller more. I did ask all the pertinent questions in regards to the vehicle and its condition, but what I got back were lies. I wouldn’t waste your time or money with this seller…unless you want a “glorified” parts vehicle. If you do buy a vehicle from them have it shipped directly to your favorite local mechanic/restoration shop. Because chances are it will need a lot of work to be roadworthy.

I don't agree with you that this is your fault. These two are playing off the European market to defraud people, and seem to have honed skills. I would notify E-bay too... Sorry to hear about your woes.
KittyKatie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:58 am    Post subject: Terrible Seller Reply with quote

I also bought my bus from these folks. Paid top dollar and is not road worthy. New engine, carbs., cv joints, clutch issues, no working electricals etc. It is run by a lady named Beth Osborne and I believe Tony Schmidt (formerly did business under Tkt motors).
They have never returned a call or an e-mail to me since it arrived.
I will be suing.
My guess is that they were fabric and seat folks who decided to get into bus restorization/customization. They are hacks at bus restoration BEWARE!!!
KittyKatie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:01 pm    Post subject: Now listed as the California Bus Factory Reply with quote

CAREFUL....They are now doing business as the California Bus Factory
MrEnglishman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:33 pm    Post subject: They must really like my name!!!! Reply with quote

Once again.....those "Clowns" at VW Bus Factory or TKT Motors or California Bus Factory have absolutely nothing to do with us: www.busfactory.com

They must really like my name! New website coming soon!!

Last edited by MrEnglishman on Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Now listed as the California Bus Factory Reply with quote

KittyKatie wrote:
CAREFUL....They are now doing business as the California Bus Factory

I did not find this name on the site so I am assuming this is eBay.

If they created a new id on this site, please post it so I can make sure any ads they place reference this thread.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: