Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

EIS Parts - eisparts - [email protected]
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: eisparts
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: October 16, 2020
boosdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:47 am    Post subject: Glass Lenses for my 59 SC Reply with quote

1st time I have ordered from them. Put in the order on their website. Shipping was fast. Quality of the lenses is very good. Would buy from again. Boosdaddy.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
FireBug1966
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Placed another order with EIS. They went out of their way...they jumped through some hoops regarding shipping...got my parts fast and saved on shipping. Awesome.

Prompt reply to my email question and
excellent follow-up by phone. Applause

Very happy customer here. Dancing
abgwin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:42 pm    Post subject: Re: www.eisparts.com Reply with quote

vntgvw wrote:
...decided to place an order with EIS. I went to their web site and placed an order for a pair of front calipers that they had advertised on their site for $69.99 for the pair and also for a set of brake pads to go with them. This order was placed on Friday, June 29, 2007 and an email was sent to me confirming the order. On Saturday, June 30, 2007 my credit card was charged for the order. This morning, July 2, 2007 I received a phone call telling me that there was an error and that the real price for the calipers was $149.99 and that I would have to pay the difference. I told them that they had accepted my order and charged my credit card so they should honor the price. They told me they would not ship and they would cancel my order if I would not agree to the new price. They also told me that their prices are subject to change and they did not have to accept my order. ...They then told me they were refunding my payment and canceling my order and if I posted this here they would sue me for defamation of character. They have since changed the price of the calipers to $149.99 and added that their “prices are subject to change” to their site.

a few things to know about why their reaction was wrong:

1) mail or internet orders are not be charged prior to shipping. In these days of PCI compliance and Sarbanes Oxley standards, a retailer can not complete the charge until the goods are taken by the customer or released to a third party shipper. They can authorize the card to make sure it's valid and has credit available but can not complete the sale.

2) California has very strict rules about truth in advertising. The Bureau of Weights and Measures can fine them for not honoring an advertised price, typo or not. It's not up to the customer to say "hey, that price is SO LOW it MUST be wrong! I better not buy it"; it's the retailer's responsibility to get it right (after all, it IS their job!). Since the buyer was in MA, it's a bit of a grey area, but had you walked into their shop and they pulled that crap, it would be illegal.

Again, doing the right thing for a customer earns you business for life. Being a schmuck because you can't own up to your own mistake means more lost business than you ever know.
airhedz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:07 pm    Post subject: EIS Parts - eisparts - [email protected] Reply with quote

I ordered two rear drums from Bus Depot. Bus Depot, through some arrangement, had the drums drop shipped from eis. The drums were defective, so I called Bus Depot on it. They shipped me a couple of new ones right away, but eis claimed they didn't sell that brand of drum and refused to take the bad drums back. Bus Depot made it good for me, but they had to eat the cost of eis' dishonesty. They are liars and cheaters, at the very least.
mango.split
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just as good service as WW with waaay better deals. Fast shipping and they post if a part is not in stock. Very happy to get the same repo parts for half the price as WW. Highly recommended!
ritchiet002
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about ESI's shipping? I looked at some parts that could fit in one of those "flat rate" boxes for around $10----I was told those are not available in LA! ??? The online shipping quote to Hawaii was $79---------------- What's up with that?

From now on, I'm gonna connect the dots my own way!______________________________________
Aiko
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ritchiet002 wrote:
What about ESI's shipping? I looked at some parts that could fit in one of those "flat rate" boxes for around $10----I was told those are not available in LA! ??? The online shipping quote to Hawaii was $79---------------- What's up with that?

The flat rate boxes are available, a shipper can either order them online from USPS or you can ask for them at the post office counter. EIS is a huge warehouse wholesaler so I would assume they only have UPS or FedEx picking up boxes daily from them. I doubt they would be willing to stand in line at post office to ask for boxes or ship a box for that matter.

I don't buy parts from EIS so I really dont know what shipping methods are available. I do know that Wolfsburg West offers both FedEx or USPS which is nice to have that option and I've used both.
ritchiet002
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aiko wrote:

I don't buy parts from EIS so I really dont know what shipping methods are available. I do know that Wolfsburg West offers both FedEx or USPS which is nice to have that option and I've used both.

I figured that using the flat rate boxes was problably not something they want to do, but telling me that they were not available in LA seemed like BS. Rolling Eyes

From now on, I'm gonna connect the dots my own way!______________________________________
lawlessdawg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are great until you have a problem. I ordered 4 fenders from them three were great and one was made by a different manafacturer and was a piece of shit. The fender was bent and looked like someone took vice grips to it where the mounting holes are and bent the lip all the way around the fender. I spoke with Sean at EIS and he said they would take it back if I paid for shipping $70. I will never do buy from them again poor customer service.
fitz57
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bought a set of beauty rings "15 they stick out about 1/2 all the way around the wheel. its like they dont go on all the way. i called and was told we have sold these for four years no problems (pretty much get bent is what he said)
elikus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made an order for several items. The shipment was really fast, expensive thought. I found a couple of things, I ordered assist straps for both side of my 66 beetle and one of them came broken apart through the top seam, and somehow stained with some red marks. Also ordered ENGINE LID LOCK , I mounted and replaced the old one, and when I tested it broke apart and the funny part is that I could not open the lid back again. How in the hell, I could damaged the thing that has 3 screws to put on??????? You got to be kidding me, simply felt apart by turning the key to lock/unlock!!! I had to drill the thing in order to take it out Shocked , I mean WTF. I ordered the fresh air hose, which was supposed to be 42.5 inches long, guess what, I received only 23", I'm wondering if they though I was an idiot or what. I ordered a LIGHT GREY dash knob for a 66, and what came in the box was a BLACK knob, for a Super Beetle. I mean please! Even color less people know the difference between such obscure color(BLACK) and light color (LIGHT GREY) and further it was in the ORDER CLEARLY SPECIFIED!

However, finally a Good thing is that I called them and explain and ask them what was going on and they told me that I was going to get the other half of the hose, and the correct knob. I did not tell them about the LID LOCK, cause I had previous experience with stuff that broke, even when you did nothing but install it correctly, you still you get response like, "well you broke the thing", so I did not bother asking. There are some other things that I ordered, and I can tell you, poor quality. The only parts that came as I was expecting were the rubber seals for the door/windows, thank GOD!

I'll definitely will pay attention of what I'm ordering next time from them, if I do ever again, I mean, so far they showed some good customer service this time, so I guess it depends. But, there, this is my experience with them so far.

Oh!! I got free MUD flaps!!! WAO.. that should compensate all the other poor quality parts.. right! ............No!
79beetleguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The advertised glove box lock, in the classifieds, for 74-79 super beetle DOES NOT FIT!!! Also, I tried to contact them to no avail. Would not recommend them.

1979 Triple White Vert
2014 GMC Sierra SLT
2011 LaCrosse
PO: 68 beetle, 72 super, 73 super, 74 super (2), 98 imposter
exvwmd
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:40 pm    Post subject: feedback Reply with quote

I almost bought the steering wheel and walk thru mat for my bus,and then decided to look at their feedback..thanks to every one who exposed this company for what they are. Saved me big time!
vw spanky
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:13 am    Post subject: repo bus steering wheel Reply with quote

Has anyone ordered one of these wheels (listed for $199.00) from them was interested in one??? The wheel looks good in the pictures just wondering what the quality of the wheel looks like in person ....
Ken J
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've placed several orders with them for lenses, a license light assembly, a rebuilt generator for $50 that is working well, a new engine fan and couple more things that I can't recall. Shipping was prompt and reasonable. The only thing is that there is a minimum $15 UPS shipping charge, so you don't want to order a 90 cent instrument bulb and nothing else. Their choice for whatever reason is to not use USPS, maybe too much of a hassle for them for small orders. Driving to the P.O. and standing in line can be a pain and time waster.

Oh yeah. A phone call works best. E-mail responses are not their strong point. One just has to learn everyone's quirks and go with the flow and adapt. Everyone makes honest mistakes. To expect a supplier to give you a free brake caliper because of a pricing error isn't reasonable. What if you unknowingly sent in twice the amount for a product because the price on the website was inadvertently doubled? Is the supplier entitled to keep it or to agree to send only half back? As Eddie "Beer-Gut" Wojcziehowski in my old neighborhood used to say, "There ain't no such thing as free shit unless you're an alderman." (council-member in Chicago)

www.BullysPulleys.com
Gary
Person of Interest

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ken J wrote:
I've placed several orders with them for lenses, a license light assembly, a rebuilt generator for $50 that is working well, a new engine fan and couple more things that I can't recall. Shipping was prompt and reasonable. The only thing is that there is a minimum $15 UPS shipping charge, so you don't want to order a 90 cent instrument bulb and nothing else. Their choice for whatever reason is to not use USPS, maybe too much of a hassle for them for small orders. Driving to the P.O. and standing in line can be a pain and time waster.

Any "decent" business has always used a Pitney-Bowes setup for years and never had to haul anything to the Post Office but rather has the mailman pick it up. Even today, the average Joe Schmo can generate postage at home and not have to go to the Post Office.
FrankRam
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After not being satisfied with 2 sets of original early Pop Out windows for my bug, I bit the bullet and ordered a new set from EIS for big money. They arrived quick and well packed. The BIG problem is they ETCH "EIS" in the top corners of the glass. This SPOILS anyone with a stock look. The riviting is rather loose in one and you get the occassional rattle. The latches in general are also proprietary and cannot swap out with original latches. They should disclose and give a good picture of the ETCHing in their advertising and mention it. Frustrating.
Ken J
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gary wrote:
Ken J wrote:

Any "decent" business has always used a Pitney-Bowes setup for years and never had to haul anything to the Post Office but rather has the mailman pick it up. Even today, the average Joe Schmo can generate postage at home and not have to go to the Post Office.

Like I said, "One just has to learn everyone's quirks and go with the flow and adapt." After awhile, we learn who has the best glass, who has the best body parts, who has the quickest shipping, who has the best electrical parts, etc. and we make our decisions based on our own preferences. Every supplier is going to have their reasons why they do things some way and that is their choice. We can buy from them or choose someone else. There are very few products exclusive to one seller. If they determined that USPS shipping is not to their liking, we can't argue with it. Maybe we can suggest to them that we'd like that convenience and it's up to them to offer it or not. That's my 4 cents.

www.BullysPulleys.com
werksberg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yet another discussion on shipping costs.....

I'm not employ or sell my products to EIS, but to give possible dealer / manufacturer side of shipping.

Yes, USPS is cheaper for smaller packages up to a point, but USPS tracking numbers just don't work. And maybe the reason a lot of business doesn't use USPS is that the buyer keeps asking for the tracking number just a day or so after it ships. Please give it a week or so before sweating it and asking for shipping tracking......or where's my parts?

UPS tracking works great and when the package is large or heavy, it is the best deal going. If they are a high amount of shipping per day / week then they can qualify for a quantity discount, but they have to keep that # up to get it. Maybe then they will only use UPS to keep that, but with today's economy challenges (lower orders and such)...they only use UPS.

Also, it is not like a person just selling and item, they have to pay the employees that pull, handle, box (and supplies) and do the paper work too. That adds cost...handling.

I'm off my soapbox.....

Follow my new products on my Facebook Werks Berg
Click the below ADs link for products & feedback.
Search "werksberg" on Photobucket for products photos & Please remember to buy "American made products!"
ddwbeagles
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:06 am    Post subject: Yet again... Reply with quote

werksberg wrote:
I'm not employ or sell my products to EIS, but to give possible dealer / manufacturer side of shipping.

I'm off my soapbox.....

Would you please quit polluting every vendor's feedback thread with "your perspective"! In every case, these are big boys, whose operations dwarf yours. They can take care of themselves and even respond to their own feedback threads.

If you want them to carry your panels, contact them directly and quit kissing up to them here by jumping to their defense everytime. If you have bought something from them and want to share your experience, feel free, but most of us know how shipping, inventorying systems, foreign exchanges, manufacturing practices/obstacles, etc.... and/or whatever else you always seem to chime in on. Evil or Very Mad Please feel free to PM me if you want to discuss further. Thanks

71 Ghia Coupe autostick
78 Westy
86 Vanagon Weekender

hazetguy wrote:
i'm going to stock up on search buttons
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: