Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

CIP1 - [email protected]
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Soupbowl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live only 3 hours away from CiP1, I have ordered about 3.5 grand worth from them in the last 6 months. I always pay the 24$ shipping and get all my orders the next day USUALLY.

For me they have been pretty good, but i did buy a disk kit from them and the disks were chipped to piss, I emailed them talked to 1 guy and told him i had pictures and all. He told me to email someone else and then they all quit answering my emails.

Either then that they were good, though I am still a bit burner about the breaks, i would use them again. But i plan to use aircooled.net for alot more stuff just because the service is worth the cost.
Basilbomb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i won't be buying from them anymore. order a set of nice alloys and i drop them off at the tire shop to get wheels mounted and i get a call back saying there are two four bolt hole wheels and two five bolt hole.

i call cip back and before they'll accept the return i have to take photos and email them to them, which is bs. reluctantly they accept the two wrong ones back, and they'll replace them but i have to pay for two new ones if i want them to ship replacements right away or else i have to wait until they receive the old ones (which was their screw up) in their warehouse before they'll ship the replacements.

I go to mount the two good ones just to see how they'll look, when i discover the alloy wheel hardware kit they shipped (the one they told me will fit my 68 single cab) is for a bug and way too small. my $600.00 has been in their bank account for two weeks and i still don't have alloys on my truck. i had a classic cruise today and i had to attend with crappy wheels of mismatched colours and missing one hubcap.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
69 Jim
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had placed an order via the internet two weeks ago, once it was sent I realized I forgot to include an item. I called them on the phone and asked if they would please consolidate my orders, (the initial order qualified for free shipping) and the chickie there said it was IMPOSSIBLE to modify an order once it is sent. I'm sure she just didn't want to get off her ass.

I have spent quite a few bucks with them over the years, but I no longer will. Hopefully some of you will read this and try someone else next time.
74bug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THESE GUYS DON'T STAND BEHIND WHAT THEY SELL

I'm thru with cip, they have the WORST customer service i've ever seen. That Kris Ingaldson guy is an a$$.

I've been waiting since dec 07 for correct defect seals for the front turn signals, every month or so i email him and he emails me back "what seals", damaged parts, defective parts is all i receive. If you order stuff from them and don't have a problem great, but the minute you have an issue, there is NO CUSTOMER SERVICE. i could go on, post emails from these guys, but i just wanted to share with you the total lack of customer service if you have a problem, keep this in mind when you order from these guys..... Evil or Very Mad
70 140
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am careful about what I buy from them... That said, I just recieved an order I placed with them, just a bunch of consumable stuff, cables, gaskets, etc. I have never had a problem with a shipment, from what I have read here, I don't want to.

I placed the order, and recieved my items one week later to the day - that was the free shipping. All of the items were included, and well packed considering what they are.
WileyVW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:06 pm    Post subject: CIP Shipping Reply with quote

I pay $17.00 to have an order sent ups ground 2-3 day delivery. It takes them three days before they send it out!! This is POOR customer service.

1968 OG, camper 14"Fuchs & Gilmore A/C, XMI,Bose,Dual Batteries,Jet-Hot Exhaust,
69 Jim
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:08 pm    Post subject: Re: CIP Shipping Reply with quote

WileyVW wrote:
I pay $17.00 to have an order sent ups ground 2-3 day delivery. It takes them three days before they send it out!! This is POOR customer service.

Good point, I forgot about that. Rolling Eyes
EZ Gruv
King of Plaid

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered a body panel from cip1 last week. It arrived today, very well packaged. No issues here.
My Photography Page.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
visibleink
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 8:43 pm    Post subject: Re: CIP Shipping Reply with quote

WileyVW wrote:

With CIP always do the free shipping, if you need something fast buy from a vendor closer to you than Canada.

Aircooled.net is great about shipping same or next day.

<-- Helga, she slammed her dub in '53 and adjusted valves with her teeth
BDSBSS23
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Cip1 because of the quality but the shipping takes so long! I like Wolfsburg they ship in like 3 days when CIP1 ship 7 to 10 days!
Pillar repair with 65 bus
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=530360
stickan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 12:41 pm    Post subject: No problem with international shipping Reply with quote

They are outstanding on international shipping. Takes just 2- 4 days to Sweden.
visibleink
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brett Ross wrote:
I like Cip1 because of the quality but the shipping takes so long! I like Wolfsburg they ship in like 3 days when CIP1 ship 7 to 10 days!

But it is free shipping!

<-- Helga, she slammed her dub in '53 and adjusted valves with her teeth
fatapple
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all, I placed my first order with Cip1, went with the free shipping and received everything I ordered and it was at my place in five business days, that was coming from B.C. to Ontario, very happy. Now on the other hand as someone stated in an earlier post about using a Local Bug shop, I ordered a rear fender from a shop here in Ontario ( not to local 3hrs away) on April 12 and was told I would have it in two weeks, called today hoping to have it today and was told another two weeks before they will get it, total bullshit, I am kicking myself for not ordering it from Cip1 because I would have had it by now and would have saved $60 doing so. The so called Local shop didn't get a new customer but a bitter one time customer.

Chris
oibovveroi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have this month long thing going on with cip1 over a roof rack,i had to send a bunch of pictures and such.
an awful lot of emails as well between two people there.
they said it would take awhile to get the company (flat-4)to respond on IF they will warrenty this thing.
shoot,i would have took a store credit with what i spend there!
looks to me like i get to hold the bag on this thing,all the wood slats warped and rust is forming in between the wood slats...and it was powder coated!
now that my 69 is done i was going to start my new project.
this thing is going to be a ground up project.
i will no longer use cip1 because they dont seem to stand behind what they sell.
i used them for the last 3 years and soon as something failed me they do nothing.
its about doing right by your customers.
i am STILL waiting to hear from them but looks like they are telling me f##k you with no emails and no answers.
buyer beware!
evrything will be fine as long as nothing goes wrong.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets keep it all in one place. Use this topic: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=51605

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: