Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

A cross country Thanks
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
binger59
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:09 pm    Post subject: A cross country Thanks Reply with quote

I just wanted to give out a blanket thank you to all of you folks on this here Samba. For all the questions answered, the advice given and all the problems solved. We've made it to our departure date and will be leaving for a month long cross country trip in our 84' westy on Friday morning. You folks have made the all the prep work a breeze and I thank you for it. Below is a web address for a site we put together if you would like to follow the trip. Thanks again everybody.

http://web.mac.com/binger59

1984 Westy
1986 7 Pass R.I.P. Donor van
2019 Jetta
2014 Passat
2019 Atlas
2006 Passat R.I.P.
1998 Jetta R.I.P.
1984 Vanagon R.I.P.
riceye
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Binger,

Bon voyage! Have a great trip. I'll be following your adventure.

If you haven't already, print out the list (or at the very least, save to your computer) from this site, the Vanagon Rescue Squad. It also has links to shops via roadhaus.com. Not that you will need them, though!

Fair winds!
Ric

There's gonna be some changes made.

“I find that things usually go well right up until the moment they don't.” - Ahwahnee

"Quality isn't method. It's the goal toward which the method is aimed." - Socrates, later quoted by R.M. Pirsig
danfromsyr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Binger it's nice to see a local camper headed out to the open road..

I'll be sure to keep watching and eagerly await updates.

The Whole Empire State VW campers eagerly awaits your tales of roads traveled.. try to catch Westies @ Watkins glen this October (columbus day wkend)

safe travels and just sit back, grab the wheel and enjoy.

Best

Dan
VW Club of Central NY
www.vwccny.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
techbot
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I traveled parts of your route last year on my honeymoon!

By now you're probably already on the road but a great resource that my wife and I took was the Road Food book.. the website looks to be a great resource too! Sometimes on those long driving days finding a restaurant and making it a destination really breaks up your day and keeps you going!

I'll be sure to follow along, Have a great trip!!
woggs1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice website you have, I will check for updates. When you are in the San Francisco area and in need of any info/assistance/anything I live and work in the city and I grew up nearby. PM me for my contact info and have fun on the road.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: