Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

rear view mirror removal
Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
john walker's workshop
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 7:16 pm    Post subject: rear view mirror removal Reply with quote

O.K., what's the trick?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 8:22 pm    Post subject: rear view mirror removal Reply with quote

I take it you mean how to get the mirror mounting plate off of the glass.
I take a new blade from a box cutter, the kind of blade with two pointed ends. Lay it almost flat on the glass next to the mount plate so it is aimed at the glass/mount joint. Tap gently, It usually pops right off.

However, I would wait for a second and third opinion on this one.

Good Luck
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 8:28 pm    Post subject: rear view mirror removal Reply with quote

If you thought the above reply was stupid, it was, I was thinking I was on a different forum. The THING mirror mount pulls up and out sort of. It's shown in the owners manual if you have one, if not I think it's on several of the other THING related forums.
Sorry about the confusion...
lastsafari
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 11:51 pm    Post subject: rear view mirror removal Reply with quote

Belive it or not I bouth a Thing with a regular car's rear view mirror stock to the windshield. The Thing is probably the easiest car to get that mirror removed. Fold down the windshield and apply brake fluid around the mirrors base and wait about one-two hours and then twist the mirror's base a little with your hands. It should come off.
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2003 12:57 pm    Post subject: rear view mirror removal Reply with quote

if youre talking about the mirror assembely mounted onto the windshield frame then to remove it grab the rod immediatly befrore the rotating ball on the mirror itself and twist the rod counter clockways and that will remove the whole mirror.
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2003 8:19 pm    Post subject: rear view mirror removal Reply with quote

It does not matter which direction your rotate the mirror arm to remove it from the upper windshield frame, 1/4 turn either direction and it will lift out.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
john walker's workshop
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2003 5:08 pm    Post subject: rear view mirror removal Reply with quote

thanks, just didn't want to break it off.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: