Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Seat Removal???
Forum Index -> Type 3 Share: Facebook Twitter
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
RATTRP
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:56 am    Post subject: Seat Removal??? Reply with quote

Alright folks...

I have been working out in the garage in hotter than he!! temps trying to get my passenger seat out of my 69' SQB! With no luck, I am turning to all of the gurus here at The Samba. The rail closest to the transmission tunnel look fine and are not rusted at all, however the rail facing the passenger door is all rusted and will not slide! To boot, the lever to slide the seat back/forth has busted loose from the other side. Thus, I am having to hold it manually from under the seat while trying to slide/beat it with a rubber mallet.

Does anyone have any tricks to getting the seat out? Secondly... does the seat come out by sliding all the way back towards the back seat or the opposite? This has been a real nightmare to say the very least! All I wanted to do was remove the seats so I can do the low back conversion on these 69' highback seats. Any tips/tricks on doing this is much appreciated as well! Thanks to all - RATTRP Laughing

69/67 SQB's... That's all I got.
blankmange
Type 3 Darksider

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:01 am    Post subject: Re: Seat Removal??? Reply with quote

RATTRP wrote:
Alright folks...

I have been working out in the garage in hotter than he!! temps trying to get my passenger seat out of my 69' SQB! With no luck, I am turning to all of the gurus here at The Samba. The rail closest to the transmission tunnel look fine and are not rusted at all, however the rail facing the passenger door is all rusted and will not slide! To boot, the lever to slide the seat back/forth has busted loose from the other side. Thus, I am having to hold it manually from under the seat while trying to slide/beat it with a rubber mallet.

Does anyone have any tricks to getting the seat out? Secondly... does the seat come out by sliding all the way back towards the back seat or the opposite? This has been a real nightmare to say the very least! All I wanted to do was remove the seats so I can do the low back conversion on these 69' highback seats. Any tips/tricks on doing this is much appreciated as well! Thanks to all - RATTRP Laughing

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=318100

Certified DHS Technician

Samba Member # 24517
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
RATTRP
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much... I think I looked through every friggin thread except for this one! I will give this a try and see what happens. Much Thanks!!!

69/67 SQB's... That's all I got.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Forum Index -> Type 3 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: