Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Nags Head OBX Dune Buggy Cruise-In March 14, 2009
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gary0302
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:58 am    Post subject: Nags Head OBX Dune Buggy Cruise-In March 14, 2009 Reply with quote

From time to time, I have read posts from folks who have shown an interest in taking their buggies to the Outer Banks of North Carolina. I just live under 4 hours away from OBX myself, and I have yet to take my ride there to enjoy the area.

First Flight Cruisers Car Club has a car show scheduled for Saturday, March 14, 2009 at Nags Head. It's part of a St. Patricks's Day weekend celebration, with events scheduled from Thursday to Sunday.

I think this would be a great weekend (weather permitting, of course) to schedule a dune buggy cruise in. I have contacted the club's treasurer to see if they would be interested in a group of us attending the show, and she was very enthusiastic in her response. They are in the process of lining up hotels, etc as they continue to plan for the event through the winter.

My buggy is not exactly what would be called show quality, but I do get great responses from the spectators at the shows I have attended in so far. Alot of our rides were fabricated with a basic "function first" frame of mind, and I think that folks would appreciate seeing that first hand. We can even plan our own separate cruising route to enjoy the driving as a group.

If you send an email to Anissa Musick - FCC Treasurer ([email protected]) she will add you to her email blast so that you can be kept updated of the planning for this event. I will also update this post from time to time as the weekend draws near. Vince (surfnc) lives in Manteo, not far from Nags Head, and I am sure he would help with any local questions you may have.

Check out my videos on Youtube

"It's a buggy not a space shuttle...." - Dale M.
"When in doubt, blame it on the previous owner" - Gary0302

Last edited by Gary0302 on Mon May 25, 2009 2:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
surfnc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gary

I would be happy to help out in any way I can. I was in that show last year and there was a very good turn out. The St Patricks Day parade is the next day on Sunday and I had the buggy in that as well. I was a great time and my daughters had a lot of fun riding with me.

They did not have a class that fit the buggies so they put me in the "classic" car class. I was with 60s - 70s muscle cars. There were only 2 other ACVW's and they were Bugs. Everyone was great and the people really liked the buggy. I did leave early before the judging for 2 reasons: one was that this was my first car show and I thought it would end earlier (I had plans and had to leave to keep them) second was the fact that I was clearly in the wrong class and if I won anything it may not be considered fair. I did find out that I won something but since I left they gave it to the second car.

It would be great to get a few buggies in the show and then have them lined up in the parade!! Let me know what I can do.

Vince
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Gary0302
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Vince,

Anissa did respond that she would gladly consider adding a dune buggy-specific category. I am going to do my best to get up your way to check things out before cold weather sets in.

Check out my videos on Youtube

"It's a buggy not a space shuttle...." - Dale M.
"When in doubt, blame it on the previous owner" - Gary0302
ordovice
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sent an e-mail to get on the blast as well.

If my car is done, I'll be there, but I'm not rushing to make it to the show. I'm going for a quality build here, so I won't rush just to make a show Smile
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: