Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

engine trouble
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 7:47 am    Post subject: engine trouble Reply with quote

I recently just got my 69 sundial to run, sort of. The car will run ok for a while, but after I shut the engine off it will not start back up again for about an hour or a little more. If anyone has any ideas please let me know what to check. I believe that I have a 1600 single port in the bus. I am also dripping a little oil right where the engine and the transmition meet on tyhe underside of the car. Not sure if it is the oil cooler leaking down or what it is so please let me know any of your ideas.
Thanks Charlie
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 12:47 pm    Post subject: engine trouble Reply with quote

Make sure the timing and dwell angle are correct. It could be running hot if it's over advanced. Your carb. may also be out-o-wack or just worn out. check the float, and needle and seat. It could be letting gas run down the intake after is shut down and be flooding it. I had a bug once that would vapor-lock on hot days because the fuel line ran to close to the intake and I'd have to hold it to the floor to get it going again.

As far as the oil leak it sounds like the rear main seal might be leaking. I've had a number of bugs and busses over the years and haven't had one yet that didn't drip a little. Hope these ideas help. Justin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: