Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Unreasonable Buyer? Philip & Cathrine Ryan you tell me.
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
vwman6559
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 9:09 am    Post subject: Unreasonable Buyer? Philip & Cathrine Ryan you tell me. Reply with quote

This is the first time I have posted here. I have sold many items here with over 100 transactions and buyers. I have also made countless purchase's here on the Samba.
I made a sale to a Philip or Cathrine Ryan back on March 3rd for 8 glow plugs. The buyer notified me March 11th and thanked me for the "Fast shipping' and told me of some miss matched plugs. 6 of 8 were the same and 2 were not. I emailed the buyer offering to return thier money upon return of the plugs. I also stated that I would be getting more inventory to replace any miss matched ones. I also asked what the buyer wished to do, and appoligized for any problems this may have caused. that they had and would email when I received them.
I received the following in a reply on March 12. We will hold on to what we have and will wait to see what you get. We
can work out exchaging when you get the others in and you have a chance
to look them over.

Thank you

P & C
On March 30th I sent the email to the buyer indicating that I had replacments and offering 2 solutions. I resent that email on April 14th after receiving no reply. here is a copy of the information i sent the buyer.Gary Ploof wrote:
>> > Okay.I have the new inventory. The only difference on the first 6 you
>>have
>> > listed is the lot numbers. I will send you 2 more of those to replace
>> the
>> > last 2 you have ( 2 x K2 SKRA11 721 001 - 11v). Or you can send all 8
>>back
>> > and I will send you 2 sets of 4. Please send those to me

I received an email MAY 13th saying they just got back from a road trip and what do they need to do. I send the same return information. .
I then receive the following replyfrom the buyer.
Gary,
We just got home well were the glow plugs are stashed and trying to
understand what we needed to do with this to get matching glow plugs.
Sorry for not getting back earlier as we were at central Calif. VW shows.
We have 1.6's and now a 1.9 NA diesel and want the plugs to work as many
as we can. Also toyota, volvo, MB, peugeot diesels, so do you know that
application of the two strange glow plugs you sent?

So hope this makes some sense to you
Thanks
P & C
.. well my reply after thinking this buyer[s] is wacked is this.
When you send them back I will send you 2 replacement plugs and the money
for the postage. I dont know what you think is so hard about that. You can
send the returns to me. please do so within th next 30 days. after that they are yours, Gary.

The final email i received from the buyer is this.
Gary,
You did not read or understand the last email, we are on the road for
the summer 4 - 5 months and do not have the old glow plugs with us as we
are driving an A/C not diesel.
So your 30 day ultimatum can not be fulfilled. As to your returning the
shipping funds after we return the wrong product is not how you wanted
it as you required our funds in advance before shipment.
This is the last nice email as we will go to the Samba forum next.
You have not completed your part of the samba sale!
..Now .I think I was more than reasonible in offering multiple solutions.includeing a complete refund.. what do you think?.. sorry for posting so long. but the time line is due tto this buyers delayed reply's.. thanks for your time,Gary. Confused
Yustrn
JHC Controla

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hell I can't even understand what the hell she's asking for.!
volks67beetle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gary, it seems as though you are going above and beyond what you should do.... they are the ones that decided to run off and in my opinion are choosing to not comply with the return policy you have stated..... seems like they ate too much lead paint as a kid. Stick by your email for the return policy...after 30 days they can eat the cost of the wrong plugs.... some people want the world...I think they are crazy to ask for the money.... I think that I will go to Sears and buy a large screen TV for delivery...then call them, after I get it, and tell them there is something wrong with it and I won't bring it back unless they send me a refund first. HELLO?????? Wouldn't worry about it. Save your emails as well as printing a copy too.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
toyfield
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 10:56 am    Post subject: Ships wrong parts check closely Reply with quote

Trying to make this a short story.
We did pay for two matching sets.
Only got 6 similar plus 2 unknowns.
Gary Ploof could not complete the order so we could wait.
Then we could send them back and he would replace them.
The BIG problem here seams to be timing.
As many know we do travel a lot so shipping and receiving is a big problem.
If Gary Ploof had shipped the correct parts the first time this would have been a great transaction.
Gary Ploof got his money and we did not get the correct parts!
vwman6559
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Philip or Cathrine Ryan or who ever you are, if the other 2 replys make any sense to you..you might think that I was more than accommodating and you still have not returned the incorrect items as requested on March 30th..[seems like 7 weeks ago to me]. You could have sent them back at anytime..[ seems like your big issue is getting your money and postage back first].. well looks like you and yours maybe the only ones that see it that way. You are the first person to complain here on any of my transactions. I stand behind everything I sell and would be glad to honor you any of the sollutions mentioned. I must stand by the 30 day time frame to protect against situation such as this.Sincerly,Gary.
79SuperVert
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most places I've dealt with expect you to return the "wrong" parts first and then they send the "right" parts. Only once in my memory did someone ever send the replacement parts first. It's nice when that happens but not normal practice.
twmart
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 3:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Ships wrong parts check closely Reply with quote

I see there is only one simple fix to this. You have 4 matching correct?
Make an agreement with the seller that as soon as you return home you will return the 2 unknown with 2 from the matching and they will send you one more set of 4 after they receive the incorrect parts.
Maybe if handled this way the seller my adjust the return policy because of the situation. Even though the fact that you are out of town is not his fault or problem
NO vendor will send out any replacement for an incorrect shipment until the old/wrong parts are returned.

72 Beetle rusted but may clean up
71 Fat Chick Dead cut up and almost gone
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwman6559
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to say thanks for the input on this situation to all of you. I think it is a little strange that here the buyer states "The BIG problem here seams to be timing". After his last email of saying that he wanted me to refund his money and postage prior to returning the items.
I was going to send him extra plugs gratis prior to the attitude..well live and learn as they say. Thanks again for the opinions,Gary.
Lind
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vwman6559 wrote:
the buyer states "The BIG problem here seams to be timing".

timing in a diesel? they do have big problems. j/k

I think that you are doing this the right way. offering to replace the parts with the correct ones and cover shipping. you have to get the old parts back first, otherwise there is no incentive to return them.
VWoA literature and early dealership or distributor literature/pictures/information
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
914rrr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel for you. I sold them an item on ebay for 99 cents. Their emails were confusing, and when I tried to get them to help me understand what they wanted..they got rude. Good luck! I am finally over this mess and was able to move on. Hopefully it will all work out for you soon. Rolling Eyes

Smile
toyfield
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 10:35 am    Post subject: Gary, we want to thank you Reply with quote

Timing is everything. On this last summer trip at the Seattle VW show we spend a lot of time talking with new people we had not met face to face before. After several long conversations (including in line waiting for the swap to open) with a seller from Oregon we discovered that it was Gary.

We shook hands and put all of this behind us. We walked away with a new friend.
keifernet
Samba Search & Rescue

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that's what I call an Update!

Great end to the story... Thanks for sharing it with us!
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bajaherbie
Samba Sooner

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think i'm gonna cry..............
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: