Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Kubel boot
Forum Index -> Beetle - Split-Window/1938-53 VWs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
water guy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:41 pm    Post subject: Kubel boot Reply with quote

[img]
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Hello to all. I have this parking boot that I had on my 55 bug. It did not fit correct because of the offset on the side of it, but it was there. Took it to a friends place and it fits his 44 kubel perfectly. Part #111.863.341 with a triangle after it.
I know its a bug part # , but would a Kubel also have one, or what would it fit?
vintagemx0
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi. I'm not a kubel expert, but I have never seen a kubel with such a piece. I have a spare parts book for a '43 kubel, and it does not appear there either. I seriously don't think kubels had such a piece.

Ken
water guy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont think a military vehicle would have one myself. It was just strange that it fit the contour of the pan. I dont recall my 55 having the indentation that this boot fits.
billmetric
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would gladly take that boot off your hands, my '54 and '55 both have the same one, the indentation fits over the handle mount on the right only because the early park brake handle sets way over to the right side of the tunnel on pre '56 cars, Kubels didn't have boots, I think only later splits had one and it was an earlier one than the one pictured with kind of an accordian pleat section at the pivot area, if that boot is not fitting right on your '55 either its not a '55 chassis or you are doing it wrong
There is an idea of a Billmetric; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there...
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Split-Window/1938-53 VWs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: