Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

the KING panel
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Reader's Rides Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
UZI
Platinum FUBU

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if it gets dumped on the ground, i won't be able to take it off-roading. Wink

Quote:
mannys66: South Philly Van Club, only the most influential and freshest van club in the vw scene
Quote:
Cuņado: Chrome will get you home!!!!!!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Touch Nicks Thing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember the first time I beat off in this bus it was like hearing angels. Its badass for sure.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
UZI
Platinum FUBU

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, nick, i noticed you weren't in this picture, i figured you left the fubu-Q literature show early. it all makes sense now.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Quote:
mannys66: South Philly Van Club, only the most influential and freshest van club in the vw scene
Quote:
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
73sports
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I gotta hang with you more Gibbs, it would be great to help out on a rescue mission one of these times. Heck, I'd love to add an old bus to my stable, but I'd have to start selling some of my fleet to do that, I don't know if I'd have the money anyway.

Central Jersey VW Society
UZI
Platinum FUBU

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bill, come on down to the ill-a-del. i'm here. it's easy, sell your cars, buy a bus. beetles are beginner cars. buses are the real tip.

i'd keep that zwitter tho. Cool

here are some roofracks i got on the way home from bulli brigade. 2 full length-ers.

Quote:
Quote:
Keith
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love this bus. I can't believe some idiot was going to hack it up. Its not bad by northeast standards either. And I can't believe the price you paid for it!!!. I wish I could find the deals around here.

"I firmly believe that some villagers from Botswana could probably build a better road than PennDot."- Splitty

"If you do anything to your car someone will hate on you for it. People absolutely love to complain and find fault with others. Don't let it bother you. Just live and have fun."- Lind
faster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I`d like to here the story of the New Castle Pa. tollbooth massacre. If your talking about a small town just north of Pittsburgh that my old home town. And there isn`t much there at all. But then agian maybe your talking about new castle beer and a tollbooth in Pa. Cool
UZI
Platinum FUBU

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

briefly on the newcastle tollbooth massacre, lind and adam beefcake bruno were driving to my house from idaho 4 years ago for the first trailbash. both driving buses. lind drove thru the tollbooth first, then adam. same tollbooth. the tolltaker says to adam "hey, i see you got an old veedubya, my husband had a shop here a long time ago, we got a load of parts if you're interested". adam and lind pulled over, got the info and spent the night in a hotel. the next day, they went to the womans house and her husband, the guy that owned the shop showed them all the stuff. lind called me, i wired him money and the massacre took place. there was over a ton of NOS parts, including a set of IDAs and an OKRASA motor with no miles on it. there was a lot of boat anchor stuff too. lind and i drove back there and filled a 16' box truck as well as the loaner car i had while my car was getting serviced. yes, it was newcastle, pa. he had his shop before there were any VW dealers in the area. Cool

a couple years later, someone from iowa was hauling a bus back going in the other direction. same lady was at the tolls, says the same thing "oh, i see you got a veedubya on the trailer, my husband used to have a shop and just sold everything to a couple kids a year or so ago...."

here are some shots of the goods....

deals went down long into the night.

here is the KING panel on that historic first beer run.

professor lind-o-calrisian of the institute of contemporary westies doing the dirtywork.

Quote:
Quote:
faster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats crazy. So all that gold was in good old new castle. Funny how things like that turn up and I missed it all and lived there. Sad
KombiMonster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UZI wrote:
lind called me, i wired him money and the massacre took place.

I guess I know who to put on speed dial... Laughing

*WANTED*
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
beetleboy58
Samba Conquestador

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UZI wrote:
briefly on the newcastle tollbooth massacre, lind and adam beefcake bruno were driving to my house from idaho 4 years ago for the first trailbash. both driving buses. lind drove thru the tollbooth first, then adam. same tollbooth. the tolltaker says to adam "hey, i see you got an old veedubya, my husband had a shop here a long time ago, we got a load of parts if you're interested". adam and lind pulled over, got the info and spent the night in a hotel. the next day, they went to the womans house and her husband, the guy that owned the shop showed them all the stuff. lind called me, i wired him money and the massacre took place. there was over a ton of NOS parts, including a set of IDAs and an OKRASA motor with no miles on it. there was a lot of boat anchor stuff too. lind and i drove back there and filled a 16' box truck as well as the loaner car i had while my car was getting serviced. yes, it was newcastle, pa. he had his shop before there were any VW dealers in the area. Cool

a couple years later, someone from iowa was hauling a bus back going in the other direction. same lady was at the tolls, says the same thing "oh, i see you got a veedubya on the trailer, my husband used to have a shop and just sold everything to a couple kids a year or so ago...."

How much Cool $$$$$$$$$$$?
scvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Gibbs, it was good hearing you talk about the history behind the King panel while in Florida and that we both share a love of the history behind our cars along with VW's in general. Here are a few pics that I took of the King panel.

This is at the IHOP in Okala when we hooked up with Uzi, John, Chris, Nick and Ritchie.

and my view from Okala to Sarasota.

SOUTHERN INTEGRITY AIRCOOLERS

WTB - Sigla popout glass like in my ad.
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1667775
Herbie3Rivers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UZI wrote:

here is the KING panel on that historic first beer run.

professor lind-o-calrisian of the institute of contemporary westies doing the dirtywork.

This was recently!?! Crap I live like 40 minutes from New Castle. Damn, I'm always a day late and a dollar short.

2010 New Beetle Final Edition
2009 Ford Mustang Bullitt
1999 New Beetle GLS
1983 Mercedes 300D
1974 Karmann Ghia
1972 Super Beetle
1970 Beetle Sunroof
1959 Original Herbie #6
1956 Oval

Three Rvers VW Club

Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix

Visit Herbie the Love Bug at LoveBugFans.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
VWsArent4Hippies
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Herbie3Rivers wrote:

This was recently!?! Crap I live like 40 minutes from New Castle. Damn, I'm always a day late and a dollar short.

UZI wrote:

lind and adam beefcake bruno were driving to my house from idaho 4 years ago for the first trailbash

I think you were about four years late.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Reader's Rides All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: