Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

[email protected] -- not recommended
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: skuddlebug
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: September 28, 2009
sdebaker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:53 pm    Post subject: [email protected] -- not recommended Reply with quote

Very disappointed. Bought an alternator. It was packed carelessly in a very flimsy box. No internal protection, just thrown in. Arrived damaged. Below are my communications with seller. No reply to my first request for correction of problem. Second reply was as shown below. No reply to my latest request for resolution.

sent to [email protected], Sunday, November 30, 2008 2:07 PM

The shipper didn't pack it so poorly. It's not the shippers fault. You just threw it into a very-flimsy box with no protection. You are responsible for the poor packaging and the subsequent damage. Do you mean I should have asked before I bought it if you would pack it so poorly that it would be damaged in shipment?

Is it your ethical standard to just try to dump junk on some other unsuspecting buyer?

It is not a "done deal" to me. I expect a refund so I can return it to you. I will pack it well and proper to prevent further damage.

Paul

--- On Sun, 11/30/08, John Hutton <[email protected]> wrote:

Subject: Re: TheSamba.com Ad - Alternatorwith Fan
To: [email protected]
Date: Sunday, November 30, 2008, 2:17 AM

im sorry but this is a done deal. it is the same one that was in the picture, you didnt ask questions before you bought it and if it was damaged during shipping you should have took that matter up with the shipper. maybe you can try to resell it and get your money back. sorry you weren't happy.

----- Original Message -----
To: John Hutton
Sent: Sunday, November 30, 2008 12:54 AM
Subject: TheSamba.com Ad - Alternatorwith Fan

John:

Perhaps you didn't get my prior e-mail about the alternator. I would like to resolve this quickly. The alternator is useless.

Below is the earlier e-mail to you.

Paul
John:

I got the alternator yesterday. I have some concerns.

First, this does not appear to be the one shown in the picture in the Samba ad. The one I got appears to be more corroded on the alternator body and the fan is rusty.

But, more of concern is the condition of what I got. It was not packed protectively. The backing plates are bent so the fan doesn't turn. The fan may be bent at the hub. A mounting tab is bent. The inner diameter of the fan is bent. The electrical-connection tabs are bent. This latter is not a huge problem, but is an indicator of how the poor packaging allowed the unit to bounce around in the box.

Pics attached.

I would like to have the alternator that was advertised. Please ship it and credit me enough to pay for shipping the beaten-up one back.

Paul
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: