Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Engine tin diagram?? Type IV
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
busmania
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:24 pm    Post subject: Engine tin diagram?? Type IV Reply with quote

I searched the archives, technical section and the forums, after 10 pgs of reading, decided to make a post.

Got my longblock built. '72 upgraded to 1800. Looking at all of my freshly painted tin I am a little confused. I want to make sure I get every piece in place. Does someone have a good diagram of all of the tin? Bently section 5 page 20 has a decent diagram, but I feel like it is lacking?.

Also, what tin should be on the engine at this point? Again, it is built up to the heads. I have the 2 pieces of tin under the cylinders attached at this point. I thought I remember there being another piece of tin that (on the rear most part of the shroud side of the engine) could not come off until I remeved the right cylinder head. Am I crazy, or should there be another piece installed at this point?

Thanks everyone, Im hoping to have her running in the next two weeks.
jah_B
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll have to register to use etka, but this has the microfiche for every year.. type 2 is at the bottom of the list.

http://www.vagcat.com/

Here's a couple from there for the '72 tins.. 'course seeing them in this diagram isn't much help in putting them all together...Tom Wilson's rebuild book gives some good tips on the order to install them..putting them on, then taking them apart and putting them back together in order SUCKS.... DAMHIK Laughing

OK Kombi is right.... you want the sections identified by by #10, and #13 in the 1st diagram, the other stuff is for a 1600. I gave you credit for being able to figure that out...and I was too lazy to photoshop it..

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Once you get them all in place the way they are SUPPOSED to be....they make perfect sense.....but not until then... Cool

1972 tintop P30 CAMPMOBILE: M/T, 1.7L, dual kadrons, 019 diz. Sunny the S'kool Bus

You gotta know what you don't know. That's the key to wisdom. man.

Last edited by jah_B on Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:33 am; edited 1 time in total
1975 Kombi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This might be easier to understand.

“He’s decieving you boy! Reach into his pocket and take what he’s got.” Mr. Crabbs.

75 Westy auto
03 Jetta TDI
71 SB
74 Westy
Licensed pilot (single engine land VFR)
--
Rust In Pieces: 72 Bug, 73 Bug, 81 Rabbit LS D 2D, 83 Rabbit D 2D, 84 Jetta TD GL, 85 Jetta D, 68 Z28 RS 302, 91 Passat 16v
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
busmania
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perfect. Where are these sorts of diagrams found? I know I have seen a lot of them around and I know I will be needing them in the future. Ill start saving them to my favorites page, but where can one quick reference these? Thanks.

Edit. Jah_b, thanks for that link. That is one of the most useful resources I have seen. Life will change for me now. Very Happy Thanks again.

Last edited by busmania on Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Karl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.bus-boys.com/aircoolsystem.html
busmania
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Karl, that is also very useful to know. They have some parts I have been looking for such as some of the small rubber grommets and such.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: