Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

T3 SQB front/rear fenders
Forum Index -> Type 3 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
RATTRP
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:11 pm    Post subject: T3 SQB front/rear fenders Reply with quote

All,

I need to replace my rear fenders and possibly one of the front... I was under the impression that fenders from notch, fast, and SQB were all compatible. Is that complete bunk or actually true? My square is a 69' for reference. On that note, I happened across a site that sells direct replacement fiberglass fenders for the T3. Anybody have any feelings good/bad towards the use of fiberglass over metal?

69/67 SQB's... That's all I got.
blankmange
Type 3 Darksider

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:20 pm    Post subject: Re: T3 SQB front/rear fenders Reply with quote

RATTRP wrote:
All,

I need to replace my rear fenders and possibly one of the front... I was under the impression that fenders from notch, fast, and SQB were all compatible. Is that complete bunk or actually true? My square is a 69' for reference. On that note, I happened across a site that sells direct replacement fiberglass fenders for the T3. Anybody have any feelings good/bad towards the use of fiberglass over metal?

front fenders interchange on your square, but notch rear fenders don't have the cooling vents... make sure you get early (vs late) fenders...

there are plenty of good German-metal fenders for sale on the Samba -- why would you want fiberglass?

Certified DHS Technician

Samba Member # 24517
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
RATTRP
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Metal vs fiberglass... who knows? On one hand it sounds like a good option only for the sheer fact of non-rusting, outside of that... I see no other benefits.

I would prefer metal, but I live in DFW, TX and I hear the only shipping option for items like fenders etc... is greyhound bus lines. I have had one item shipped using them and they are turds for shipping items! Smile

Thanks for the info... I will keep looking here on the Samba for parts.

69/67 SQB's... That's all I got.
Mike Fisher
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're afraid or too cheap to ship parts might as well sell it now! Wink
two 57 oval ragtops sold
'68 Karmann Ghia sold

Society is like stew. If you don't keep it stirred up you end up with a lot of scum on the top! - Russ_Wolfe/Edward Abbey
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
acetate909
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was under the impression the front right fender on a 69 would be year specific, since you have the fuel door there.
blankmange
Type 3 Darksider

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

acetate909 wrote:
I was under the impression the front right fender on a 69 would be year specific, since you have the fuel door there.

it is: '69 had the cable, while '68 has a finger-pull on it.... so it's a good idea to know what you're getting...

Certified DHS Technician

Samba Member # 24517
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
gixxer 711
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you are willing to travel to houston, i can get you in touch with someone that should have everything you need.
Bobnotch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Either that, or hit the junk yards around DFW. You might be surprised at what you'll find semi-close by.
64 T-34 Ghia...aka Wolfie, under construction... http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=412120
Tram wrote:
"Friends are God's way of apologizing for relatives."
Tram wrote:
People keep confusing "restored" and "restroyed".
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Type 3 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: