Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

2 65's - 2 different heating systems.
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
therealfrogman
Samba Guitar Hero

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 9:43 am    Post subject: 2 65's - 2 different heating systems. Reply with quote

I have been searching and reading about heater control levers this morning but still have one question. I have 2 65 pans and one has levers and one has a knob by the shifter, the one with the knob is the one I planned to use for the first project so is this knob using a cable system to activate heater flaps like the levered version or is there some vacuum system that needs to be in place?

Really appreciate what Everett has done here. Almost like he hand picked some of you. I am very thankful for all the help I get here.
Russ Wolfe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The one with the knob is not a 65. Check the VIN under the rear seat.
It will NOT start 115.

Gary: OK. Ima poop.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
therealfrogman
Samba Guitar Hero

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does start with 115, 115658922 march 65. Clearly stampled into the tunnel.

The one with the levers is 115246934 Oct 64 . Doesnt make any sense to me, I have clear titles for both cars. The one with knob has a 64 body on it and the vins dont match ( the title is for the pan) I knew about the body switch.

Really appreciate what Everett has done here. Almost like he hand picked some of you. I am very thankful for all the help I get here.
Jeckler
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One the levered version, one lever is to turn the heat itself on or off, the other controls the flaps under the back seat.
On the one with the knob, it turns the heat on or off. The back seat are maunal controls on the outlets themselves. The knob is cable controlled, with a worm gear that pulls and pushes the cable when the knob is turned.
bill may wrote:
I am the crabby old guy.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
Wisdom is knowing not to put it in fruit salad.
therealfrogman
Samba Guitar Hero

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Jeckler!

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: