Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

okrasa fuel line starvation problem?
Forum Index -> Vintage Speed Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
overrestored
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:56 pm    Post subject: okrasa fuel line starvation problem? Reply with quote

Okrasa fuel lines are of the larger 356 diameter for the most part... except that where they attach to the vw fuel pump they must be reduced in size to fit into the vw pump. If you are building a larger displacement oldspeed motor... with larger valves and larger carbs/jets... ie 34pbic or 34 picb "super" carbs... or webers or NDIX's or 40p11's... I am guessing fuel starvation upon sustained high RPM will be a problem...due to the small diameter of the fuel line it exits the fuel pump.

Has anyone experienced fuel starvation on a larger displacement, larger carburation 36 horse based engine?

I have decided to use the larger 356 fuel pump and thus eliminate the smaller diameter tubing at the beginning of the okrasa fuel line.
Julio Iniguez
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am running a 356 dual outlet fuel pump on my oldspeed motor with no problems. The 36hp motor is now a 1621cc, Okrasa heads, dual Kadrons.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vintage Speed All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: