Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Wayne Johnson - [email protected]
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: Wayne S. Johnson
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: Today
DonnyH
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:43 pm    Post subject: Wayne Johnson - [email protected] Reply with quote

I installed this switch on my 1967 VW Bug because I didn't know how to wire the 2-speed motor to the wiper arms to control slow speed and self-park. With this, everything is controlled from the switch and the installation and wiring was easy. You get the two speeds, self park plus an intermitent speed. I also got the optional electric window washer pump which can also be wired to the switch so I don't have to worry about air pressure in the window washer tank.

Wayne's email address:

[email protected]
Banzai KG
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those who may not know what he's talking about...
Here's the product that Wayne Johnson sells:
Delay Wiper Controller for 12V Motor - http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=346214
Delay Wiper Controller for 6 Volt Motor - http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=310741

I have seen and talked to Wayne at couple local shows about his wiper delay controllers, very nice units.
V.V.W.C.A. - Golden Gate Chapter: http://www.ggcvvwca.org/
B.L.T.N. (Better Late Than Never) late model VW Club (San Jose/Santa Clara, CA): https://www.facebook.com/groups/bltnvw/
NorCal Aircooled Group (NAG) Facebook Goup: https://www.facebook.com/groups/NAGVW/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
racfink
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:41 pm    Post subject: wayne johnson: [email protected] knows his stuff! Reply with quote

Laughing Long story short: my wife has a 1959 ragtop w/og everything, including 6 volt. She was tired of listening to "talk radio" and bought a stereo and speakers, not knowing there was a difference between 6 and 12. Several of my cries for help on theSamba suggested I contact Wayne. I did. I am so glad I did. Not only is he a genius when it comes to electronics, he is a wonderful guy. He answered all my stupid questions, making sure I understood.. Very Happy
He made several long distance calls to me, discussing what I needed, and what he could do. He knows his stuff. He knows VWs too. He explained a route to change to 12 volt with a 12 starter in a 6 volt housing (which means no drilling, etc) and a intermittent windshield wiper motor. My wife would not even consider that change, so he built a custom converter, with a money back promise.
Arrow I would recommend Wayne Johnson and his handmade products to anyone, anytime. Contact me if you want. He not only solved my problem, but brought harmony back into my house Exclamation

David Grant McCombs
[email protected]

Wayne is at [email protected] Laughing
Brown1600TL
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have installed on my 1970 Type 3 Fastback. Your wiper controller is REALLY COOL!!! It's work sooooo smooth. It's the right product that I looked forward to using for many years.

Thanks a lot for making this product.
//Khongsak
joe thorpe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wayne's 6 volt to 12 volt Converter worked out great.
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=548683
It allowed me to use an old 12 volt FM Converter to allow me to listen to
FM broadcasts thru the original AM radio in my 1955 Oval keeping the car
period correct. The cost savings by not having to purchase a $400.00 to
$500.00 AM/FM radio speaks for itself. The size of the unit (smaller than a
pack of cigarettes) allowed mounting in a very small space. The unit was
very easy to wire as you did all the work before I received it. Once again,
outstanding product and service. Joe
exotic plants
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wayne is a good business man offering a great product. Starter I purchased works perfect every time. I would recommend him to all.
Rear driver side fender.
Cash waiting.
------------------------------------------------------------
ultralight dude
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wayne, I installed your 12-to-6 volt converter and wiper delay this week, and wanted to post a comment. To preface my remarks, I will say I have tried the 12-volt armature (no luck--wound up cooking it due to a poor fit), and the "Burn-a Motor" resistor. Your unit has made my 12 volt conversion complete.
The wipers work completely as advertised, even the "park" feature which had never worked before (turned out to be an error in wiring when I changed out the harness). It is a complete cure and protection for those valuable SWF wiper motors which are becoming very scarce these days.
Thank you for producing an excellent product.
64Bug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:38 am    Post subject: Sapphire Radio III Reply with quote

Words cannot express the total satisfaction that I have when I purchased a rebuilt Sapphire III radio from Wayne Johnson awhile back.

The sound is just incredible, and with the Ipod/MP3 hookup I am able to listen to my own choice of songs as well as FM stations. I like the fact that the unit came with a small switch to flip between the AM radio and the Ipod/MP3 hookup.

I had installed a set of speakers in the rear kick panels under neath the back seat. These speakers coupled with Waynes radio makes cruising all the more enjoyable.

The price was "very" reasonable and I would recommend to any one that is considering a period specific radio to contact him.

Great emails, great service, great product!
Thanks Wayne

You can Wayne at [email protected]

1974 Westfalia
1964 Beetle (stock)
2017 Santa Fe
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
OldSchoolPerformance
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:17 pm    Post subject: wiper motor controller Reply with quote

Wayne's 12V to 6V wiper motor controller/delay is awesome! it's top quality in design and engineering. in my professional opinion as a engineer, it's well worth the money when you consider the cost of a burned up motor or a burned up car. this product is what made in america is all about. it's the kind of product that will work perfectly forever. Wayne also built me a one of a kind custom semaphore controller that works with a six wire turn switch and allows the 6V semaphore to stay up while the 12V bulb flashes with the tail lights. Wayne is a serious engineer and a nice guy too. i took personal delivery of the controllers so Wayne could give me a demo and test my semaphores with the box, which worked perfectly. thanks again Wayne.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
a-train
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wayne is the man!

I bought a 12v starter for 6v flywheel and splitcase tranny. Fantastic workmanship and product is better thand described. Quick turnaround. He is a great communicator too (the ladies must love him).

-A
Happy Customer
dlman_1999
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:07 am    Post subject: updated starter Reply with quote

I have a 64 beetle that I believe the reason I got such a great price on was because it has the 6v starter running at 12vdc. It was a pain to get started because you had to bump it just right. I bought a starter from Wayne and it arrived and you could tell it was PROFESSIONALLY rebuilt and I installed it and now I love this car. I would recommend his starters 100%. They arrived packed very secure as well.

Wayne changed my outlook on my car.
milo721
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I purchased the 6/12 HYBRID starter from Wayne. It arrived as described in his add, looked very good and well built. It’s been in my car for over a year now and it’s worked great. If you need a 12 volt starter for a 6 volt trans, Get one from Wayne.
PhorTwenny
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the 6/12 Starter running about 6 mo. now working great No problems. Thanks Wayne! Tim B. Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Classifieds Feedback
mechanicalcare
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I purchased a 6/12 Hybrid starter which was installed with relative ease. This was over 6 months ago and has been working beautifully ever since. I was impressed at the service I received when ordering and the speed in which the product arrived here in Australia.
hrbe53
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:11 pm    Post subject: Re: wiper motor controller Reply with quote

marc kuttner wrote:
Wayne's 12V to 6V wiper motor controller/delay is awesome! it's top quality in design and engineering. in my professional opinion as a engineer, it's well worth the money when you consider the cost of a burned up motor or a burned up car. this product is what made in america is all about. it's the kind of product that will work perfectly forever. Wayne also built me a one of a kind custom semaphore controller that works with a six wire turn switch and allows the 6V semaphore to stay up while the 12V bulb flashes with the tail lights. Wayne is a serious engineer and a nice guy too. i took personal delivery of the controllers so Wayne could give me a demo and test my semaphores with the box, which worked perfectly. thanks again Wayne.

just got one too. Its a life saver when its just sprinkling. Nothing annoys me more than one speed wipers!

I put it in yesterday then went through heavy/light/heavy/light rain. I was truly amazed by its functionality.

Wayne is a great guy to deal with too. Quick responses, and easy to work with.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Doubledoor Dave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:03 pm    Post subject: 6/12 Hybrid starter Reply with quote

I bought a 6/12 Hybrid starter motor from Wayne for my 65 bus and I am more than pleased with it. It made for an easy conversion to 12 volts and lots of starting power. Very easy to deal with, good packing & timely shipping. I highly recommend Wayne’s 6/12 starter.
Dave
digyalater
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THESE 6/12 VOLT STARTER MOTORS ARE JUST BRILLIANT!! Very Happy

installed one in my '61 bus,and as wayne says,why go through all the hassel of changing out flywheels,getting another 12v starter etc/etc,when you can purchase one his very well rebuilt hybrid starters,it all just makes sense to me,get one,15 mins to insall it,JOB DONE!! Very Happy

if you ever wanted to go back to 6volt,for whatever that reason that maybe,
well,15mins work swaping starters,and she back on 6volt.

wayne is excellent with emails,and very helpfull.
i had this starter shipped to perth western australia,arrived i one week Very Happy
awesome service Very Happy

i am really happy with this product from wayne,so proffesional Wink

therefor------------------THESE HYBRID STARTERS & WAYNE
ARE HIGHLY RECOMENDED BY ME Wink
Bravo 1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just installed one of Wayne 6V/12V starter hybrids after taking out one I cobbled together out of two used starters. What a world of difference, this thing started right up... so fast that I turned it off and cranked again just to hear it! Laughing

Great seller, would definitely buy from him again.
Shorrock
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just installed the 12 Volt Hybrid in my 64 Ghia with a 2110 (6 volt flywheel) and it is perfect. What a great product!

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
elliottjohnson
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had a great experience with Wayne. The flywheel on my 63 bus had been marred by the previous starter, which was totally shot. Found out the 12v conversion that had been done by the previous owner didn't address this issue.

Searched around here and found Wayne's hybrid, which I think is a better method than converting to a 12v flywheel and grinding out the bell housing. He shipped the hybrid 6/12v starter out to me and I had it tested at the local shop just to be sure and everything was great. Popped it in and the engine turns over beautifully.

My parents and brother Tom dropped the old core off at his house in Gilroy and he even showed them around (including his electric bug built in the late 70's). They had a blast.

Thanks for everything Wayne.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: