Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

1994 syncro
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
levi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:37 am    Post subject: 1994 syncro Reply with quote

Saw this in the samba ads...1994 s.a. vanagon, and the windows behind the driver do look bigger. Never saw this before.. so, or changes in later models there?
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=732185
gonna see life my way

https://youtu.be/cSrL0BXsO40
carterzest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:22 am    Post subject: Re: 1994 syncro Reply with quote

levi wrote:
Saw this in the samba ads...1994 s.a. vanagon, and the windows behind the driver do look bigger. Never saw this before.. so, or changes in later models there?
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=732185

Rear sliders as well Very Happy May be aftermarket, or??? Did you catch the Thatch roof on the casa? Got fireworks? No wood burning fireplace there.
the caveman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forget importing it into the states. Just the paperwork will weight more than that truck. You may be able to import it into Canada though. As long as it's 15 years old or more.
foodeater
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Importing is not going to happen, unless you buy it and store it somewhere in out of the US until 2019.

Actually I read somewhere a few years ago that they (the gov't) was considering loosening the laws regarding the personal importation of motor vehicles, but I have yet to hear anything about actual changes to the laws though, so the idea may have died along the way somewhere.
'87 Vanagon Syncro-RIP
'81 diesel rabbit-sold
'82 Vanagon auto-RIP
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
hiram6
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wish he had a pic of how the two additional fuel tanks are mounted.

You can't lie around on the beach and drink rum all day.................unless you start first thing in the morning.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BlackDogVan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The engine swap in that would be pretty clean, Audi V6 & V8's of that generation bolt right up to the SA 5cly bell housings.
gator70
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are engine swap kits for the V6 audi. Even ones that use audi transmissions.
cannedveggiessuck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

foodeater wrote:
Importing is not going to happen, unless you buy it and store it somewhere in out of the US until 2019.

Actually I read somewhere a few years ago that they (the gov't) was considering loosening the laws regarding the personal importation of motor vehicles, but I have yet to hear anything about actual changes to the laws though, so the idea may have died along the way somewhere.

I'm hearing that they are going to make it just about impossible to import anything like the Vanagon or the Mitsubishi Delica .Just the cost alone keeps me from doing it. It wont be getting any more affordable.
Im hearing chatter that California is wanting to make it very expense for people to keep cars that are 15 plus years old or dont meet there new standards ( that'll be anything that is fun to own). Kind of like Japan makes it ridiculously expensive to keep a car that has 35,000 miles or more. So maybe we will see a lot of Vanagons for sale in California in the next few years if the politicians get there way. And they always do. Just keep pushing for it til they like the results. I hope that is not true for the sake of Vanagon ( and any other car) lovers in California, As well as the rest of the country that cant come up with there own policies so they take Californias lead.
foodeater
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard it both ways, that the were planning too relax laws slightly, but giving the states more ability to regulate what can be imported.

Also the were laws passed that basically made it illegal to sell any new car where occupants and/or their legs were in front of the front wheels. Thats why all the forward control vans disappeared around the same time in the US.

Currently the federal law only allows for the importation of vehicles that are very similar to those sold in the US for that model year. The manufacturer needs to sumbmit documentation saying that the vehicle (for the model year) to be imported is the same in all but minor details to the one available in the US for that same model year (this makes it all but impossible to bring in vehicles like a Delica or a 1992 or later Vanagon, as there was no imports of these to begin with in those years).This is in effect until 25 years after the year of production, then you can bring anything into the country, but possibly not the state in which you live, as ofter European vehicles have different emission control devices, so you may not pass your states emissions testing if you have any. The proposed changes that I had heard about would change the 25 years down to 15 or 20 years, only on the federal side of things though.
'87 Vanagon Syncro-RIP
'81 diesel rabbit-sold
'82 Vanagon auto-RIP
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: