Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Thing Off Road Rim styles and sizing
Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
wheelchairdave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 2:20 pm    Post subject: Thing Off Road Rim styles and sizing Reply with quote

Hey Kids, My name is David, I have a 73' that has been in various states of restoration, since I acid dipped the body in 98', Its mildy modified and lifted a bit. I am just getting everything finished and nearly ready to hit the road/hills, I am going to go with centerlines, and was wondering if anyone had pictures of things with centerlines so I can see the look of different wheel and tires sizes in relationship to the Thing. Also I remember a few years back an article in DB and Hot VW with a thing called Yellow Fever (I Think), anyone who still has that article around that could check wheel and Tire size on it, or send me a pic would make me happy as can be....d
181 Gears
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 10:38 am    Post subject: Example... Reply with quote

Hello David -- I've got 15" Centerlines on my '73. I've posted photos in the Thing Owners Roll Call thread. -- page 3, the blue one -- mild custom.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=62246&start=40

I've been extremely happy with them. Light, classic rims that really improved the overall feel of steering and handling. You won't regret it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: