Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Minnesota ID?? ID??? One of a KIND?
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnnyniceguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:16 am    Post subject: Minnesota ID?? ID??? One of a KIND? Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

I found this in Minnesota and can not find anything like this. I have been in the archives and nothing compares. ANY IDEAS????
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
GetPsycho
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks "one of" to me. Pretty cool Cool
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
Cuog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed on unique and cool, especially if you get some headlights to go down in those little cutouts on the front, that would really make it look finished.

Might want to check dune buggy archives and see if there are any similar ones on there.
Cujo3131
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this IS a one off creation....

It was for sell on Craigs list here in WI about 6 months ago.... I think for around $4K... I called on it as soon as I saw it listed... but just missed it... the guy who bought had just paid for and pulled out of the driveway....

Oh well... you win some.... you miss some Smile

Still cool looking!

cujo
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
johnnyniceguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Cujo!! That was me towing it down the driveway. Yes I too think it is one of a kind. Came out of Minnesota years and years ago. Just can't catch up with the original owner. I've redone the motor. Had a couple of broken rings etc. Needed lights and tail lights which I found on Samba. I'm still in need of the plastic bushing found in the tunnel for shifting into 2nd gear. Hoping to have a great summer. I can't imagine someone just making one of these.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
prowler
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:14 pm    Post subject: Minnesota ID Reply with quote

Hey Johnny: I love that buggy -- I've had it as my screen saver for a while. Looked all over the net for more pics. Do you have any more shots maybe some interior to? Should be a great summer with that-- Thanks
johnnyniceguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:40 am    Post subject: Minnesota ID? Reply with quote

Somewhere I have a few more shots of this. I will dig them up if I find them. Otherwise I will update in the spring when she comes out of storage. Hoping to do a little windshield update so I could put on a Tiajuana Kustom top.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: