Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Thing Values going down???
Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
GoThingNC
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 7:31 am    Post subject: Thing Values going down??? Reply with quote

I haven't noticed the selling prices of Things going up as much as Oval & Split window bugs over the years.

There are two Things in my area that are for sale in nice drivable condition and rust free.

One is for $3,500 and the other is $4,500
04 Jetta TDI
05 Jetta GLI
82 SC Targa:)
Big Luni
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know- It's still not as much of an "antique" than an oval or split, so I'm not sure the value trends of 30 & 50 year-old cars are comparable. If you compare the values of the Thing to its '73 and '74 Beetle counterparts, The Thing was always valued at much less until the 1990s, then the value shot up and has been higher ever since.
GoThingNC
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks !
I also think that there are a lot of individuals who don't have a clue what the Thing is so the only one you will probably sell it to would be someone specifically looking for a Thing and the location.

I remember when I had my 63 Notch that it took me 2 years to sell it. I had people calling me asking me what a Notchback was and the ones who did want to but it had too many VW's and not enough cash.
It was a daily driver in decent shape but I had to make a choice to keep the Thing or the Notch.

I don't plan on selling the Thing and put about 6,000 miles a year on it from March through November.
04 Jetta TDI
05 Jetta GLI
82 SC Targa:)
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've owned several VW's over the years including buses, ghias, a squareback and bugs. However, I must say that I've had more fun with the Thing than any other VW I have owned. My 10 year old son loves it! We go cruising together all the time. I guess you really don't appreciate a Thing until you own one.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: