Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Poor Ghia
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Forum Index -> Ghia Share: Facebook Twitter
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
popason
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:47 pm    Post subject: Poor Ghia Reply with quote

Was surfing the net and found this.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Here is a link to more of it.
http://volksrods.com/id46.htm
slafa
Samba Member

Location: Where getting a real beer is like winning the lotto

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy ramrod Batman! That crazy bastard makes my hack job look like a purist's wet dream... Shocked Crying or Very sad Evil or Very Mad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
tstracy39
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's two poor Ghias, or at least 1 1/2 Mad
hosspowerinc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just just spend the past 3 hrs hammer and dollying my nose (on top of 10+ hrs Ive spent on it already) to come in and see this. Im not a purist and I really dont care what hes doing to the car, it is his after all. But to cut up and weld a perfect nose on the back rubs me the wrong way. He could have at least hammered out a wrecked one for it Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
anthracitedub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow...I usually dont care what people do...but this is just bull shit.
This person sux.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
slafa
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I second the motion on the perfect nose job...trade me now! your ass end can have this...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
tstracy39
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Response in the abortions thread:
Fattie wrote:
72Ghia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

slafa wrote:
Holy ramrod Batman! That crazy bastard makes my hack job look like a purist's wet dream... Shocked Crying or Very sad Evil or Very Mad

Laughing
Wow ! Is this Cat Woman's Catmobile?

Last edited by 72Ghia on Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:38 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
swhitcomb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

slafa wrote:
I second the motion on the perfect nose job...trade me now! your ass end can have this...

I could have that almost perfect, no bondo, in a matter of hours. Too bad your not closer, I'd help you with it.
07 Boxster
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
slafa
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the offer swhitcomb... Luckily I have got that covered through the family Bodyshop and you are right its not as tough as it seems. There is nothing quite as nice as a ghia nose that is Karmann factory pure tho... Very Happy

this quote by anthricitedub had me cracking up all night long Laughing !

"Wow...I usually dont care what people do...but this is just bull shit.
This person sux."
Hotrodheb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hosspowerinc wrote:
I just just spend the past 3 hrs hammer and dollying my nose (on top of 10+ hrs Ive spent on it already) to come in and see this. Im not a purist and I really dont care what hes doing to the car, it is his after all. But to cut up and weld a perfect nose on the back rubs me the wrong way. He could have at least hammered out a wrecked one for it Rolling Eyes

So just because he is doing something custom he should start with something smashed up?

To me, that sounds like you think your time is worth more than his time!

And you are assuming that he cut that nose off of a nice straight Ghia. Last I heard, a Ghia is worth more with it's OG nose even if it is straightened out than a Ghia that has had a nose graft.
vwfye
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so, he ponied up the $ that no one else did and spent it to build his dream... great deal for him! I can't wait to see this car done... it definitely won't be the stocker/callook cookie cutter boring. and, if you've ever seen his other builds, it will be finished and not abandoned.
58lolight
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not my thing but the work looks to be well executed...

Rich
slafa
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just because someone has the time, money and vision (or lack there of) to do something doesn't mean it should automatically be applauded. Hitler had a really nice vision, so by some peoples standards we should be proud of him too? Oh but wait, maybe not because he didn't finish his project...

Have the courage to call a spade a spade, unless you really love the Jetsons, to any self respecting Ghia lover this is a joke at best Rolling Eyes
swhitcomb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

slafa wrote:
just because someone has the time, money and vision (or lack there of) to do something doesn't mean it should automatically be applauded. Hitler had a really nice vision, so by some peoples standards we should be proud of him too? Oh but wait, maybe not because he didn't finish his project...

Have the courage to call a spade a spade, unless you really love the Jetsons, to any self respecting Ghia lover this is a joke at best Rolling Eyes

Well said.
07 Boxster
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
John Moxon Premium Member
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hotrodheb wrote:

So just because he is doing something custom he should start with something smashed up?

To me, that sounds like you think your time is worth more than his time!

And you are assuming that he cut that nose off of a nice straight Ghia. Last I heard, a Ghia is worth more with it's OG nose even if it is straightened out than a Ghia that has had a nose graft.

You'd very likely get a better reception on a Custom Forum but this is a Ghia Forum. You're just going to have to accept that the majority of the regulars here aren't going to embrace something as radical as this.

I'm guessing your "Hotrod Heb" would get an even poorer reception in the 38-53 Beetle Forum. Laughing
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
Hotrodheb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Moxon wrote:

You'd very likely get a better reception on a Custom Forum but this is a Ghia Forum. You're just going to have to accept that the majority of the regulars here aren't going to embrace something as radical as this.

Hmmm yes you are right, it is the Ghia forum... not the stock Ghia forum, just the all encompasing Ghia forum. So it would seem my comments here are just as justified as the original thread starter and all the other comments.

John Moxon wrote:

I'm guessing your "Hotrod Heb" would get an even poorer reception in the 38-53 Beetle Forum. Laughing
Actually I seriously doubt that since it is being built from a 1972 bug!
John Moxon Premium Member
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hotrodheb wrote:
John Moxon wrote:

Hmmm yes you are right, it is the Ghia forum... not the stock Ghia forum, just the all encompasing Ghia forum. So it would seem my comments here are just as justified as the original thread starter and all the other comments.

John Moxon wrote:

Actually I seriously doubt that since it is being built from a 1972 bug!

Ahhh so it's not a Heb...and nor is the custom a Ghia. Wink

My point is...why so surprised?
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
Hotrodheb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Moxon wrote:

My point is...why so surprised?

No suprise at all on my part, just voicing my opinion like everyone else is. Cool
slafa
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tstracy39 wrote:
That's two poor Ghias, or at least 1 1/2 Mad

My friends, we need to have a wake for the two soldiers that went down yesterday, The blitzkrieg that is CUSTOM has obviously won this battle and if vwfye is correct the custom monument that shall undoubtedly be finished will live in infamy and be a constant eyesore and thorn in the collective side of all ghia aficionados Crying or Very sad

<sipping a tall one> a toast to those two ghias whose sacrifice we shall never forget and the subsequent blasphemy we steadfastly continue to fight against Wink
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Forum Index -> Ghia All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: