Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

i hate stealers
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Type 3 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Godsbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimmynotch wrote:
Godsbug wrote:
jimmynotch wrote:
I regularly park my car unlocked. I dont keep anything in my car anymore. It is more of a pain in the ass to replace a window than anything they could steal out of the car. I am more worried about someone stealing parts and accy's or the whole car. For the whole car they would have to figure out the fuel shut off valve though..... Wink

Plus, you hunt your stuff down and get it back once it's been stolen. Twisted Evil

Someone stole my go-cart about two weeks ago from our front porch at 11:30 in the morning. I have about three freinds that are helping me scan CL and other places to recover it. Twisted Evil

I have no doubt that it will be back on your porch in no time.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Adriel Rowley
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, if your glove box locks, can you put items in the trunk? I would think that they could not get in. I mean, people put stereos in them, without locks.

I grew up with not putting things in sight. We keep the interiors stereo typical, and it seems to have worked.

I would be afraid to keep the doors unlocked. Nothing valuable, but I would like to keep them out.

Some day I like to install the AM Sapphire and FM converter. Nothing fancy to steal, and nothing I would cry about (under $50).

Oh, the Steerlers did not win the Superbowl, they stole it. Should be the Stealers! Wink

Dad's 1964 Beetle purchased September 1968.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=9252810#9252810

1971 Sunroof Squareback with Fuel Injection
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=219811&highlight=squareback+rejuvenation
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
FASTBACKDON
The other insensitive jerk like Neil

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adriel Rowley wrote:
So, if your glove box locks, can you put items in the trunk?

Adriel
Remember the old saying locks only keep honest people honest.

Buy my best friends stuff
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/search.php?username=56TIMOTEO

(21:10:42) Jennepher: Russell is our proudest achievment. I feel like Samba created him from a little nugget of crap into a full blown adult.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
MOCHABILL
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Oh, the Steerlers did not win the Superbowl, they stole it. Should be the Stealers! " Rolling Eyes
rustyfastback
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a $10 old philips boom box in my '66 squareback for my tunes. If I am really worried about someone breaking in my car I lock it in the trunk. In my '68 squareback I have a stock saphire am/fm radio. If I have to go anywhere I do not feel my VW's are safe, I will take my F150 instead of the VW's.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Adriel Rowley
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FASTBACKDON wrote:
Adriel Rowley wrote:
So, if your glove box locks, can you put items in the trunk?

Adriel
Remember the old saying locks only keep honest people honest.

But, it does cause them more time to spend. Time is critical when doing crime. I think it is an eight minute window.

Dad's 1964 Beetle purchased September 1968.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=9252810#9252810

1971 Sunroof Squareback with Fuel Injection
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=219811&highlight=squareback+rejuvenation
Bus_to_Btown
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my bus almost got stolen last night, it was 3:30 AM and i looked out the window and a tow truck was backing up to it. I flung the blinds open, and they quickly got in the truck and left. it was to dark to make out anyone.. YEah thieves suck.
DONGKG
The Araneta Boys

Location: Cainta, Rizal, Philippines, "A Certified Type 3 and Karmann Ghia Maniac"

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pierre G wrote:
Dong, you're crazy ?? A laptop in a car ?? A car stereo belongs to a car, but the laptop ? Take it with you. I never went to your country, but I wouldn't leave my laptop in my car in any country...especially with a lot of work in it. I'm like you, I rarely make my recovery DVDs like the computer asks for...But I always have an eye on my laptop : everything's in there, it's too precious. Sorry for your loss, especially for the law book you were making...

Pierre

Yeah, bubby! I was really a mistake leaving the laptop in the car while I was having a meeting! I just bought a new one and, mind you, whenever I leave the car, I would bring it with me.

And yes, I am now in the process of collatiing again the reaserch cases and materials for the law book I started. What is hard is starting it all over again!

Thanks
'67 Splitty Bus
'65 beetle;'69 Country Buggy; '44 Kubelwagen (replica) TOOB MEMBER #20
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Type 3 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: