Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

exhaust for a 74
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Westy74
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2002 4:45 pm    Post subject: exhaust for a 74 Reply with quote

I have a 74 westy, 1800cc, dual carbs..its all stock. I need a new exhaust system. i dont wan't to buy a stock exhaust because they look and sound nasty IMO. i want to buy a dual tip system but it has to have the EGR because i still have to smog it one more year. anyone have any suggestions?

SHould i just buy an aftermarket exhaust without the EGR, and when the time comes just put my stock exhaust back on?
Karl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2002 11:23 pm    Post subject: exhaust for a 74 Reply with quote

A word of advice:
You do NOT want to use any muffler that has tips pointing to the rear on a bus. There is a reason why bus mufflers have tailpipes that exit on the corner. The back of the bus creates a low pressure area and the exhaust gets sucked back into the rear end of the bus. Carbon monoxide is a odorless gas that will kill you. Your choice: dead and kewl, or alive.
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2002 11:49 am    Post subject: exhaust for a 74 Reply with quote

hhmm, ive heard that before, i have had an empi exhaust on my bus for about 2 years and have not had any problems at all, i have taken it on a few trips well over 200 miles and havent had any bad experiences with that style of exhaust, but good luck with what ever you choose to get.
Tyler, 73 westy
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: