Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts  See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com
 
Favourite Barndoor photos 2009?
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Forum Index -> Split Bus - Barndoor Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Print View
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
streetwagens
Samba Member


Joined: May 19, 2005
Posts: 475
Location: Wales, GB
streetwagens is offline 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:46 am    Post subject: Favourite Barndoor photos 2009? Reply with quote

Thought that it would be cool to have a thread like the last 2 years? Cool

I call this one 'Hmm, What next?' Laughing

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

_________________
To catch a fish, you must first think like a fish....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Rick
Samba Member


Joined: December 17, 2003
Posts: 1539
Location: Soquel, California
Rick is offline 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, the look of confoundment on the two guys says it all. Many a times I've put my hand to my head and thought, "what the hell did I get myself into?" Nice photo!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Gallery Classifieds Feedback
johnny d
Samba Member


Joined: March 22, 2004
Posts: 2182
Location: where it all came from. ;)
johnny d is offline 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Favourite Barndoor photos 2009? Reply with quote

streetwagens wrote:
Thought that it would be cool to have a thread like the last 2 years? Cool

I call this one 'Hmm, What next?' Laughing

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.


that´s awesome! Laughing Laughing
_________________
GermanRestoKommando
&
Der Barndoor Führers - Slamm Society
&
VWKernzentrale since 2007
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
streetwagens
Samba Member


Joined: May 19, 2005
Posts: 475
Location: Wales, GB
streetwagens is offline 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had a few beers the night before, it was headwork! Laughing

This is the view we had at the time... Confused

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

_________________
To catch a fish, you must first think like a fish....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Gallery Classifieds Feedback
LJay
Samba Member


Joined: August 05, 2007
Posts: 480
Location: Arbroath,Scotland
LJay is offline 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best ive got till its driving under its own steam! Razz a rare sunny day at BD central scotland Razz

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

_________________
1962 Turkis Westfalia so34.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
LJay
Samba Member


Joined: August 05, 2007
Posts: 480
Location: Arbroath,Scotland
LJay is offline 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

itl be on the road in no time with this dude working on it! Razz
my wee bro-gotta start em early! Cool

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

_________________
1962 Turkis Westfalia so34.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
barndoormambo
Samba Member


Joined: April 25, 2005
Posts: 442
Location: East Coast, Homeland
barndoormambo is offline 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

..memoirs of Ninove; reflections in black..
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
Wink Cool
_________________
....just cause you don't see it, doesn't mean it isn't there!....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Gallery Classifieds Feedback
barndoormambo
Samba Member


Joined: April 25, 2005
Posts: 442
Location: East Coast, Homeland
barndoormambo is offline 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

..& Barndoors at the brewery..the Paul Rui Faux Porsche BD with 'classic' plate.. Wink Laughing
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

_________________
....just cause you don't see it, doesn't mean it isn't there!....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Gallery Classifieds Feedback
54DoubleDoor
Samba Member


Joined: December 08, 2003
Posts: 128
Location: Hampshire, UK
54DoubleDoor is offline 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

streetwagens wrote:
We had a few beers the night before, it was headwork! Laughing

This is the view we had at the time... Confused

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.


WTF happened... when it left my place we casually rolled it on the trailer!!

And have you been leaving it under a tree??!!.. you attempting to have all your busses green with moss and stuff!
_________________
56 RHD UK Oval
58 RHD Oz Microbus
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
barndoorbarnfind
Samba Member


Joined: January 25, 2009
Posts: 242
Location: sweden
barndoorbarnfind is offline 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont know if this counts as a 2009 pic. it was taken 1998 me and my dad will go look for them 2009 (next week hopfuly).
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Gallery Classifieds Feedback
streetwagens
Samba Member


Joined: May 19, 2005
Posts: 475
Location: Wales, GB
streetwagens is offline 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

54DoubleDoor wrote:

WTF happened... when it left my place we casually rolled it on the trailer!!

And have you been leaving it under a tree??!!.. you attempting to have all your busses green with moss and stuff!


Laughing Because of the lack of a trans, it gradually sank on the trailer until it was camber-tastic, so the easiest option was to jack it up in the middle, remove the reductions, lower it on to box section, then roll the trailer away from under it! All very organised and planned of course! Wink The roof was dent free by the time it was on 4 wheels though! (Almost finished then!) Very Happy
_________________
To catch a fish, you must first think like a fish....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mightymouse
Samba Member


Joined: May 26, 2004
Posts: 4220
Location: las vegas
mightymouse is offline 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

barndoorbarnfind wrote:
I dont know if this counts as a 2009 pic. it was taken 1998 me and my dad will go look for them 2009 (next week hopfuly).
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.



Shocked

Thank you for making my dreams that much better for the next week. MAN that is a bad ass pic. I hope those are still there.
_________________
Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude.
Thomas Jefferson


Note to EVERYONE.
Know your ZDDP levels or you WILL lose a cam and lifters.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
LJay
Samba Member


Joined: August 05, 2007
Posts: 480
Location: Arbroath,Scotland
LJay is offline 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mightymouse wrote:
barndoorbarnfind wrote:
I dont know if this counts as a 2009 pic. it was taken 1998 me and my dad will go look for them 2009 (next week hopfuly).
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.



Shocked

Thank you for making my dreams that much better for the next week. MAN that is a bad ass pic. I hope those are still there.


mines too! Shocked good luck!!
_________________
1962 Turkis Westfalia so34.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
barndoorbarnfind
Samba Member


Joined: January 25, 2009
Posts: 242
Location: sweden
barndoorbarnfind is offline 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LJay wrote:
mightymouse wrote:
barndoorbarnfind wrote:
I dont know if this counts as a 2009 pic. it was taken 1998 me and my dad will go look for them 2009 (next week hopfuly).
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.



Shocked

Thank you for making my dreams that much better for the next week. MAN that is a bad ass pic. I hope those are still there.


mines too! Shocked good luck!!

Thanks i will need it! Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Barndoor51
Samba Member


Joined: December 13, 2002
Posts: 62

Barndoor51 is offline 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

barndoorbarnfind wrote:
LJay wrote:
mightymouse wrote:
barndoorbarnfind wrote:
I dont know if this counts as a 2009 pic. it was taken 1998 me and my dad will go look for them 2009 (next week hopfuly).
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.



Shocked

Thank you for making my dreams that much better for the next week. MAN that is a bad ass pic. I hope those are still there.


mines too! Shocked good luck!!

Thanks i will need it! Laughing


Oh! the left one is 20-11222 Very Happy hope it´s still there....
_________________
20-03194 Panel
20-011384 Kombi
20-110724 SingelCab
January -58 double cab "the Swedish Binz"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Gyro1780
Samba Member


Joined: January 04, 2007
Posts: 92
Location: Surrey, United Kingdom
Gyro1780 is offline 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barndoor51 wrote:
barndoorbarnfind wrote:
LJay wrote:
mightymouse wrote:
barndoorbarnfind wrote:
I dont know if this counts as a 2009 pic. it was taken 1998 me and my dad will go look for them 2009 (next week hopfuly).
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.



Shocked

Thank you for making my dreams that much better for the next week. MAN that is a bad ass pic. I hope those are still there.


mines too! Shocked good luck!!

Thanks i will need it! Laughing


Oh! the left one is 20-11222 Very Happy hope it´s still there....



Looking forward to hearing more on these beauties.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
52panelvan
Samba Member


Joined: June 07, 2006
Posts: 348

52panelvan is offline 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have heard of and have been lucky enough to have owned a couple of the unlikely survivors from that side of the world, and im absolutely fingers crossed that it is still there (11222).
Here is a pictures while may be not 2009 (07) - related to your picture -two of the closest matching number vans to 11222 and one of the earliest 50's all in one place at the same time, one of my personal favourites pictures ever, all credit to Barndoor 51. I dont think it really gets much better than this Smile ...

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mightymouse
Samba Member


Joined: May 26, 2004
Posts: 4220
Location: las vegas
mightymouse is offline 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

............................ . . .. Shocked
_________________
Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude.
Thomas Jefferson


Note to EVERYONE.
Know your ZDDP levels or you WILL lose a cam and lifters.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
barndoorbarnfind
Samba Member


Joined: January 25, 2009
Posts: 242
Location: sweden
barndoorbarnfind is offline 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

52panelvan wrote:
I have heard of and have been lucky enough to have owned a couple of the unlikely survivors from that side of the world, and im absolutely fingers crossed that it is still there (11222).
Here is a pictures while may be not 2009 (07) - related to your picture -two of the closest matching number vans to 11222 and one of the earliest 50's all in one place at the same time, one of my personal favourites pictures ever, all credit to Barndoor 51. I dont think it really gets much better than this Smile ...

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

The bus in the middle is my favorite Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Gallery Classifieds Feedback
RockStock
Samba Member


Joined: November 26, 2004
Posts: 3252
Location: England
RockStock is offline 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice early buses & everything, but this thread feels like it needs a good wash
how about the snaps from the VolksWorld feature earlier this year. Cool
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

_________________
-StockRocks-
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus - Barndoor All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

About | Help! | Advertise | Donate | Premium Membership | Privacy/Terms of Use | Contact Us | Site Map
Copyright © 1996-2020, Everett Barnes. All Rights Reserved.
Not affiliated with or sponsored by Volkswagen of America | Forum powered by phpBB