Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

June JitterBug- midwesters, northeasters, canucks...
Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
bljones
Resident Wit

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 6:37 am    Post subject: June JitterBug- midwesters, northeasters, canucks... Reply with quote

June 26-27- who's going?
I'll be there- would like to arrange a sambanista drop zone, so if you plan to show, let me know.
Author of Original Rant #1
"It stingd itself to dead... now that is control on you"

2%
VDubTech
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be there in my beige '79 Westy and my trusty Dalmation companion. My dad and my uncle are comin up with me to spend the weekend, I'll be there Fri. night at campark resorts. Still a gathering and cruise by the falls Sat. evening?
bljones
Resident Wit

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, there is a cruise on Saturday night. I won't be at the cruise, but i'll be at the show on Sunday. I'd like to get everyone here together for a Samba group photo in front of the clutch eater at noon.

There's gotta be more going than just two of us??
Author of Original Rant #1
"It stingd itself to dead... now that is control on you"

2%
diy570
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im planning on being there for the show, but not the cruise. ill be in a 61 double door. not sure if im gonna swap or not. ive heard the border patrol wants you to pay 10 percent tax on everything you plan on selling. i dont like the idea of paying tax on shit i that might not even sell. anybody know if the tax deal is just a myth?
VDubTech
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I go across the border a few times a summer, and the first time I ever brought the Bus across was last June for this show. I have never had a problem going into Canada before, couple of quesitons and I Was on my way. Well last June when I pulled up to the border in the Bus, I got a whole different line of questioning and I was then searched by the Canadian Border Patrol. No big deal really, I didn't have anything to hide, but I just found it odd that I have been across so many times without a problem, but I show up in my Bus and I get searched. One of the questions they asked was wether or not I had anything for resale in Canada. I wasn't swapping so I said no, but there must be a reason they asked me that question. We'll see what happens this year.
diy570
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, i never have trouble going into canada, but this is the first time im taking stuff to sell. its always coming back into the U.S. that i run into trouble. ive been pulled into the customs garage and searched twice out of the last 5 times i crossed the border. i love being treated like a criminal when i come back to my own country.
VDubTech
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I usually don't have a problem coming back in, a very good friend of mine's wife works for customs at Niagara Falls so if anything goes wrong I can always ask for her. I'm leaving tomorrow afternoon for the campground, gonna camp out all weekend at the Campark Resorts on Lundy's Lane. Camped there last year, it was a nice campground and close to the show and all the tourist crap at the falls. Anyone know what time the gathering is on Saturday night? Is it still at Candian Tire?
75bug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be going, the June Jitterbug is one of my favourite shows. Bitter sweet though, last year I got rear ended on the way to a cruise night as I left the show.

Clutch eater at noon! Hope to see everyone there.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: