Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

L-Jetronic Help Here !
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
78vwbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:28 pm    Post subject: L-Jetronic Help Here ! Reply with quote

Hey guys Super beetle fuel injection help here.. if anyone needs help drop me a line.. this set up is very simple and easy to understand. most of the problems with the L-jetronic are yours or your mechanics hands.,..LOL!! it is very touchy to bad grounds, vacuum leaks , and air flow. so if you need help drop me a line with what your car is doing and what you have done.
59gene
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you tell me the difference between the early Beetle FI (1975-76) and the late FI (1977-79)? I am looking for replacement fuel injectors and I see they are different part numbers. I thought the only difference in the 2 was some emissions stuff. Is there anything else that is different on the 2 systems?

Thanks
Gene
Randy in Maine
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not just send off your injectors to www.cruzinperformance.com and get them cleaned, new injector seals and hoses for about $100?

Put the rest of your money in yoru pocket.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
zoti
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with randy on this one. Cruzingperformace did a great job on my injectors.
59gene
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Randy & Zoti,

That sounds like a good option. The problem is I have 8 injectors from early and late fuel injected systems and I don’t know what the difference is in the two. Physicaly they are the same but I would like to know what else is different and why. I need to know which ones to send out. Thanks for the info.

Gene
Randy in Maine
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have part numbers on them?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
59gene
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will dig them out this weekend and post them. The question still remains "What is the difference between the early Beetle FI (1975-76) and the late FI (1977-79)?"

I did a search on the 2 numbers at one time and could not find any information that explained the difference in the two. One thought is they could have come with different length hoses and Bosch changed the PN for that????

I would still like to know??
78vwbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:24 pm    Post subject: injectors Reply with quote

the only thing diffrent about the injectors was the fastner on them as far as Ohms and fuel out put they are the same....
li_gangyi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody has a good picture of the alternator area? I'm wondering how the alternator is secured on top, maybe I'll need to get a later alternator 'strap'? Swapping from carb to FI here.

http://vwbeetleadventure.blogspot.com/
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: