Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Rear seat mounting Q's.
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kirk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

busdaddy wrote:
I think he's proposing putting the back of the middle against the backs of the front seats, WW sells seat plates and other than creating wells for the bolt pockets it shouldn't be too hard if you have some skills.

Edit: oh yeah, seat belt mounts too.

Oh I see. That might be cool, I was thinking just inverting it where it bolts.

Bear
Coble
Super
Oppenheim
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
decapman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks bus daddy you hit the nail on the head.
Oh and I never forget seatbelts, thats precious cargo.
cwmonty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi! Ive been looking for a thread about this and finally found it. I just bought my first bay a couple weeks ago, and among other interior things, I would love to switch the middle bench around to face the back. so just to confirm what was said above, all I would have to do is weld metal plates onto the surface of the floor in the back? I guess what Im wondering is do I have to do anything underneath the van (drilling holes etc.)? Hope this makes sense. Thanks in advance
busdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing required underneath, but if you look at the existing seat plates in your bus you'll notice there is a recess under each bolt hole, you'll have to cut out a small section of floor and add the pockets. Chances are good that the new plates will end up over a cross brace so a few extra deep welds to pick that up wouldn't hurt either.

Please don't PM technical questions, ask your problem in public so everyone can play along. If you think it's too stupid post it here
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!

Слава Україні!
cwmonty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet! Thanks for the quick reply! Hey I just realized your from Surrey, Im in Langley, glad to see another Lower Mainland Bus owner!
SGKent Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want my seat on top. Then I can sit up there with goggles on and a bull horn - and yell at people in nearby cars. I am also going to paint my bus with living pig skin cells that are kept alive. We can rent out the space to NFL teams and tatoo their names on the side. Then if the NFL contract expires, the NBA can step in. We may get a whole fleet of these. The horns will snort instead of honk. We'll name the company Pigs' Fleet inc. Then and only then will we be noticed as a human being capable of doing something udderly backwards - which is my next project. Buses that have been raised and soft drink udders put under them so people can come up and buy drinks and fill them. That company will be called Bessie's Udderly Perfect Drinks. Only there won't be a seat on top on those - two will be mounted back to back facing out - so people can sit and watch the landscape go by. That will a prototype seat for the last project - the Retirement Bus. It won't move, it will just sit and people will come in, talk and remember all the stupid things they did to their bus. Once in awhile we'll turn on a loud boom box to test their hearing and see if they are still alive or they are just sleeping.

Thanks for the audience. I am out of here now. Too many people telling me these things are stupid and can't be done - but I am a believer and who knows - somewhere today some idiot is totally destroying a Bay Window so he too can be cool. That is my motto now - I want to be different so I can be cool. Maybe if I just keep saying it I will believe it - besides whose place is it to tell me that rear facing seats don't work - the dude sitting backwards in the pickup truck in front of me looks like he is really having a really fun ride - so will the kids when they throw up on each other. Mommy - I want the seat that faces forward - shut up Jimmy, your daddy went to alot of trouble to make you and your sister happy, even if you don't like it.

Melin is out of the building now - Bye
busdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Off the meds today Merlin?

Of all the possible hacks people devise for their busses a couple extra seat plates is one of the tamest things I can think of, get a new floor mat and no one will ever see it.

Please don't PM technical questions, ask your problem in public so everyone can play along. If you think it's too stupid post it here

Слава Україні!
Kirk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, now, how does the top of the backseat mount?

Bear
Coble
Super
Oppenheim
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
busdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cwmonty wrote:
Hi! Ive been looking for a thread about this and finally found it. I just bought my first bay a couple weeks ago, and among other interior things, I would love to switch the middle bench around to face the back. so just to confirm what was said above, all I would have to do is weld metal plates onto the surface of the floor in the back? I guess what Im wondering is do I have to do anything underneath the van (drilling holes etc.)? Hope this makes sense. Thanks in advance

Слава Україні!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: