Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

coolant level sensor connection
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
techbot
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:37 am    Post subject: coolant level sensor connection Reply with quote

So recently I followed this thread
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=261685&highlight=blinking+led
And determined that my coolant level sensor was faulty. I bought a replacement from van cafe. Upon replacement my blinking light problem was gone.. success!!

However it started back up again a couple of days later. I discovered that the female connector to the level sensor had popped off. Putting it back on again made everything normal. However it popped off again today. The original sensor had a wire clip that helped lock the connection on but the replacement one does not has this feature. Does anyone have any tips for making this connection stay in place? Has anyone else run into this issue? Thanks!
perrib
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They sold you the early sensor. You could change the connector or I would make them give you the correct sensor.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
JBange
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:47 pm    Post subject: Re: coolant level sensor connection Reply with quote

techbot wrote:
The original sensor had a wire clip that helped lock the connection on but the replacement one does not has this feature. Does anyone have any tips for making this connection stay in place? Has anyone else run into this issue? Thanks!

I have two 90's. One is an early model, the other late. Some dodo put an early sensor (no clip) in my late van so every four or five days I have to pop the cover and cram the connection back together because the light is blinking again. The funny part about it is the late sensor is only $7.50 while the early is over $20: http://www.van-cafe.com/home/van/smartlist_674/level_sensor.html
You should definitely swap it for the cheaper.
techbot
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks John and Perrib!
You know it's funny.. I paid for the cheaper sensor but looking at the van-cafe's pictures I think it's pretty clear that they gave me the more expensive one. I'll see if I can't swap it out next week. Thanks again!!
-larson
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: