Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Stroker Novice
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
toolman2800
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:04 pm    Post subject: Stroker Novice Reply with quote

I am concidering building a 1745 or an 1807. Thats a 76 crank x 85.5 or 87 bore.

Now here is the question. How do I determin the length of rods I need if I want to use stock pin position pistons? If I am thinking correctly they will have to be around 7mm shorter, To maintain stock deck height, Correct?
"some-times there's a man--I won't say a hee-ro,'cause what's a hee-ro?--but sometimes there's a man, And I'm talkin' about the Dude here, sometimes there's a man who, wal, he's the man for his time'n place, he fits right in there--and that's the Dude" - The Big Lebowski
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A 76 crank is not a "drop in".

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Marv [UK]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Stroker Novice Reply with quote

toolman2800 wrote:
How do I determin the length of rods I need if I want to use stock pin position pistons? If I am thinking correctly they will have to be around 7mm shorter, To maintain stock deck height, Correct?

Stock rods are used and you place shims under the cylinders, against the case. 76mm is as big as it gets with A pistons (stock pin height) before you need B pistons (pin closer to piston crown but i forget by how much)

shims are calculated AFTER the motor has been mocked up and deck height measured. Ball park figure is HALF of stroke difference between stock and stroker cranks

in your case, 3.5mm or thereabouts.

There is no "stock" deckheight in a stroker engine. Only a deckheight to get the target compression ratio for your cylinder head volume.

Gets complicated doesn't it Smile
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: