Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

'71 Double Cab
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
rcowan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2003 10:46 am    Post subject: '71 Double Cab Reply with quote

Guys, I am pretty new to the bay window scene but I have found a '71 Double Cab that I am interested in. I am curious what they are worth because the owner seems a little high on the price to me. I know prices probably have a pretty wide range but a ballpark idea would be great. It is pretty much stock with the exception of a fresh 1641. Gates are real nice, bed in decent shape(few dents) rockers are just starting to bubble slightly, body in pretty straight, good corners. Comes with original roof rack, original canvas, and hoops. The canvas is beat but it would make a good pattern. Any ideas on price? I know it is tough without pics.........
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
koho60
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2003 12:11 pm    Post subject: '71 Double Cab Reply with quote

Look through the ads in the classifieds for a ballpark price. Then go fo it.
JEFFRO
rcowan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2003 12:27 pm    Post subject: '71 Double Cab Reply with quote

Thanks. I have been watching the ads but there are so few of the bay window double cabs that it is hard to get a good idea. I thought someone here who has been watching longer might have a good idea.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bags Buses
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2003 3:58 am    Post subject: '71 Double Cab Reply with quote

What kind of price is on it ? With the hoops and rack ,they them selve can be price'e .
Cook911411
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2003 4:08 am    Post subject: '71 Double Cab Reply with quote

buy it for under $4,000, if not tell me where it is ...
Karly
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2003 5:55 am    Post subject: '71 Double Cab Reply with quote

Well, prices on collector cars are FINALLY coming down, but I'd say a '71 doublecab (the last year they sent them to the U.S.). with straight gates, hoops & bows, a roof rack and little rust is probably worth $7k, more or less - I'd have to see it, though...

NADA does have a collector car price guide - you could probably find something on the net - that says my restored '69 singlecab is worth $12k - for what its worth.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: