Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

wanted-washington bus drivers- average speed over hi-2?
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Krautski
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Porsche power!

kinda. Wink

Quote:
I stopped reading after volksaru and busaru
Blaize
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its been a couple of years but my 77 2.0 t-4 would only muster 40 or so along that stretch
. Might not be worth changing the engine for 5mph
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Randy in Maine wrote:
Well your set up is pretty good for what you are with the dual 34 ICTs and hopefully a good SVDA distributor, but you are limited by cc's. A 1776 cc will give you a bit more "meat" when you need it. If you have a 009 distributor it would be money well spent to get something better.

screw the SVDA Confused i bought one, polished it and dropped it in my 71 westy, with dual ICT's. i thought it was 'ok' but felt there should be more nut's to it. Glenn rebuilt a 019 for me, and all i can say is holy shit Shocked it was what my bus was asking for. i was so excited after my road test, i grabbed the wife and brought her for a rip. even she said 'holy shit, what did you do to it'. if she can notice a difference from the passenger seat, it is 'real' i would sell the SVDA, but will keep it in the toll box for them there 'side of the road' moments

if your engine is what you say it is, get a 019 and a ICT set up, or at least talk to Glenn with your current set up. you won't be let down
Randy in Maine
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well either of those distributors are a better set up than a 009.

By the way, where do you get the ported vacuum on the ICTs? Do they have to be "tapped" or do they come already set up?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jmn176
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i wasa bit bumed when i learned my bus will do only 35-40 over the i 80 grade, but i have learned that it is about the slow moving experince that i have come to love when traveling in the bus. BTW in roll a T4 1700. thanks cor the good reading i will have to PM Glenn and ask about the 019. i rolled a SVDA and the 009 i personal like the 009 better. Might be time to put the 009 in the spair parts box?
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Randy in Maine wrote:

By the way, where do you get the ported vacuum on the ICTs? Do they have to be "tapped" or do they come already set up?

hey randy (not ripping on your earlier suggestion w/ the dizzy)

my ICT's have vacuum ports on them. some say run the vac to the dizzy off one carb, others say 'T' both together, and run to the dizzy. i tried it both ways, even though the left carb provided enough vacuum to work correctly. needless to say i was a bit underwhelmed.

i figured that adding dual carbs would have helped the overall power band~ which it did, but still didn't feel that it was 'right' even though everything was tuned in correctly. at any rate, the 019 REALLY woke this thing up. it was the best $$ spent. now, i have a polished SVDA, that was suppose to be the tit's, reduced to 'please get me home' status.

perhaps others have had great luck with the SVDA, it was better than the DVDA, but for my application, the 019 is king. as far as the ICT's go, picture dual solex carbs~ very simple to tune, rebuild and maintain. the biggest complaint i have is that they aren't left and right, but rather either one fits, which makes jet changing on (i think) the left hand carb impossible without taking it off the mainfold, and are a good option if you want simple, daily driver reliability. i am not saying other carbs are less reliable, just more sensitive.
Randy in Maine
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Glenn does a nice job on those.

Which SVDA were you using anyway?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: