Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

William Gilliam - onerase - [email protected]
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: onerase
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: April 29, 2019
notchback
Insensitive Jerk

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:20 pm    Post subject: William Gilliam - onerase - [email protected] Reply with quote

Not good. He was advertising a wiper motor for a '67 Type 3. I contacted him about it and he replied:

> The Motor and assembly Im asking $40. Another $5 if you want the switch,
> and $5 for the arms. So $50 for all. Are you local? (New Mexico). If not
> send a zip and Ill check on shipping.

A few days later I contacted him and said I'd take it all. I gave him my zip code to figure the postage and he sent this to me:

>Yes I still have it, theres a guy who wants it and I told him $50
>shipped so Ill do the same for you. I heard from you first so if you
>want it let me know asap. You can paypal me if you like (
>[email protected] ). Thanks

I sent him a PayPal payment on 15 Sept 08. I e-mailed him to say I had just made the payment and he replied:

>Sounds good, Ill ship it asap.

Fast forward to the 30th and I hadn't received it. I sent him an e-mail asking if it had shipped since I hadn't heard anything from him since the previous e-mail. He stated:

> Yes sir, Its been over a week since I shipped. Thats weird. Ill get the
> tracking info and find out whats up, Ill get back to you. Sorry I had
> assumed it was there.

Another week passes with no word from Wil. I e-mailed him again. This time he sent me this story. This e-mail was received on 08 Oct 2008:

>Yes, Im sorry I was out of town for a few days. Im sorry you still dont
>have the motor and assembly. Apparently I sent it to the wrong person. I
>dont know how this happened and I feel like an idiot. All I can say is I
>shipped nine packages that day and I sent two to the same guy, one of
>which was yours. He was kind enough to send it back and it should be
>here tomorrow. I apologize again and I can offer you a partial refund if
>it would make you feel better. As soon as it gets here Ill ship it as
>quickly as I can afford to. It will be there soon and again Im really sorry.

I e-mailed him back saying I still wanted it. Now here it is the 24th. He has never responded to an e-mail since he sent me the one on the 8th. So today I am browsing the classifieds and see this:

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=662148
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Look at that. It's what I bought and paid for. The price has even gone down now. I thought, "well, maybe he made a mistake and never took down the ad". But no. Check the ad. It was updated on 03 Oct 2008, 19 days after I paid him for it.

What gives, Wil?

FU#3
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
onerase
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had two, used the same pic as they were nearly identical, sold both.
I screwed up shipping several packages in one day. Im doing my best to make it right.
Email sent.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Tony K
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:44 pm    Post subject: William Gilliam - onerase - [email protected] Reply with quote

Absolutely awful seller; similar transaction to the one mentioned above.

I purchased and paid for a Type 3 distributor from him on April 22nd, was supposed to ship out by the 24th, heard back from him on the 28th apologizing for it not being shipped out yet since he was sick over the weekend. I reply back to say that I'm ok with this since I'm a reasonable guy and that I'm waiting on some other parts anyway so the delay is no big deal.

May 6th, I still haven't received the distributor so I email back to ask for a tracking number so I can figure out what happened to it since Albuquerque to Denver usually only takes a few days. He responds on May 8th that he's going to look into it and gets back to me on the 11th that he has no idea what happened to it and can't produce a tracking number but he's going to work with the post office to track it down.

I didn't hear anything back, so on the 16th I ask for a refund if I don't have it by the 20th, which he agrees to on the 18th since he says he can't figure out where it is and will refund my money in the next few days. Fast forward to May 27th, I still haven't received a refund, so I ask what's going on, he responds back that he's been really busy and it keeps slipping his mind but will issue a refund by the 29th at the very latest. Needless to say that never happened and I never heard from him again.

I opened a PayPal claim on June 4th, which he also never responded to so I won by default, but he had no funds in his account so I received nothing.

All I wanted was a distributor Wil, but the constant stream of excuses and lack of communication has left me extremely disappointed. I tried to be nice, I was understanding of all the delays, but you let me down in a big way so I hope people read this and learn from my mistake.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sent an email asking him to resolve the Paypal dispute and refund your money as agreed. He has a couple active ads that were deactivated for now.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ziconylo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

User onerase - email [email protected] advertised some parts of FI system for VW type 3. I payed thru paypal for MPS 35$ I waited waited (I am from Poland) for shipment about 3 weeks then he emailed my that the parcel come back to him due to wrong addressing. Then I bought throttle body for 32$ and he told me he will pack both parts and send it one again. Waited, no reply that after two weeks he gave me fedex tracking. I checked the fadex tracking with contact center and it was parcel which was ordered but never shipped.
onerase
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ziconylo wrote:
User onerase - email [email protected] advertised some parts of FI system for VW type 3. I payed thru paypal for MPS 35$ I waited waited (I am from Poland) for shipment about 3 weeks then he emailed my that the parcel come back to him due to wrong addressing. Then I bought throttle body for 32$ and he told me he will pack both parts and send it one again. Waited, no reply that after two weeks he gave me fedex tracking. I checked the fadex tracking with contact center and it was parcel which was ordered but never shipped.

Your parts werent shipped on time because you didnt pay on time. I had to wait for your second payment. They have been shipped, I have done my best to communicate to you.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
onerase
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:32 am    Post subject: Re: William Gilliam - onerase - [email protected] Reply with quote

Tony K wrote:
Absolutely awful seller; similar transaction to the one mentioned above.

I purchased and paid for a Type 3 distributor from him on April 22nd, was supposed to ship out by the 24th, heard back from him on the 28th apologizing for it not being shipped out yet since he was sick over the weekend. I reply back to say that I'm ok with this since I'm a reasonable guy and that I'm waiting on some other parts anyway so the delay is no big deal.

May 6th, I still haven't received the distributor so I email back to ask for a tracking number so I can figure out what happened to it since Albuquerque to Denver usually only takes a few days. He responds on May 8th that he's going to look into it and gets back to me on the 11th that he has no idea what happened to it and can't produce a tracking number but he's going to work with the post office to track it down.

I didn't hear anything back, so on the 16th I ask for a refund if I don't have it by the 20th, which he agrees to on the 18th since he says he can't figure out where it is and will refund my money in the next few days. Fast forward to May 27th, I still haven't received a refund, so I ask what's going on, he responds back that he's been really busy and it keeps slipping his mind but will issue a refund by the 29th at the very latest. Needless to say that never happened and I never heard from him again.

I opened a PayPal claim on June 4th, which he also never responded to so I won by default, but he had no funds in his account so I received nothing.

All I wanted was a distributor Wil, but the constant stream of excuses and lack of communication has left me extremely disappointed. I tried to be nice, I was understanding of all the delays, but you let me down in a big way so I hope people read this and learn from my mistake.

PM Sent
FASTBACKDON
The other insensitive jerk like Neil

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:14 am    Post subject: Re: William Gilliam - onerase - [email protected] Reply with quote

notchback wrote:
Not good. He was advertising a wiper motor for a '67 Type 3. I contacted him about it and he replied:

> The Motor and assembly Im asking $40. Another $5 if you want the switch,
> and $5 for the arms. So $50 for all. Are you local? (New Mexico). If not
> send a zip and Ill check on shipping.

A few days later I contacted him and said I'd take it all. I gave him my zip code to figure the postage and he sent this to me:

>Yes I still have it, theres a guy who wants it and I told him $50
>shipped so Ill do the same for you. I heard from you first so if you
>want it let me know asap. You can paypal me if you like (
>[email protected] ). Thanks

I sent him a PayPal payment on 15 Sept 08. I e-mailed him to say I had just made the payment and he replied:

>Sounds good, Ill ship it asap.

Fast forward to the 30th and I hadn't received it. I sent him an e-mail asking if it had shipped since I hadn't heard anything from him since the previous e-mail. He stated:

> Yes sir, Its been over a week since I shipped. Thats weird. Ill get the
> tracking info and find out whats up, Ill get back to you. Sorry I had
> assumed it was there.

Another week passes with no word from Wil. I e-mailed him again. This time he sent me this story. This e-mail was received on 08 Oct 2008:

>Yes, Im sorry I was out of town for a few days. Im sorry you still dont
>have the motor and assembly. Apparently I sent it to the wrong person. I
>dont know how this happened and I feel like an idiot. All I can say is I
>shipped nine packages that day and I sent two to the same guy, one of
>which was yours. He was kind enough to send it back and it should be
>here tomorrow. I apologize again and I can offer you a partial refund if
>it would make you feel better. As soon as it gets here Ill ship it as
>quickly as I can afford to. It will be there soon and again Im really sorry.

I e-mailed him back saying I still wanted it. Now here it is the 24th. He has never responded to an e-mail since he sent me the one on the 8th. So today I am browsing the classifieds and see this:

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=662148
http://neil.us/thesamba/67-wiper.jpg

Look at that. It's what I bought and paid for. The price has even gone down now. I thought, "well, maybe he made a mistake and never took down the ad". But no. Check the ad. It was updated on 03 Oct 2008, 19 days after I paid him for it.

What gives, Wil?

Neil did you ever get your item?

Buy my best friends stuff
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/search.php?username=56TIMOTEO

(21:10:42) Jennepher: Russell is our proudest achievment. I feel like Samba created him from a little nugget of crap into a full blown adult.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
onerase
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes he got it.
onerase
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Needless to say I wont be selling parts here anymore. If I owe you parts or money, Pm me or email me. [email protected]. As far as I know everyone has been contacted or taken care of. If I am wrong please let me know. If you didnt order parts from me, mind your own business, find something else to occupy your time.
notchback
Insensitive Jerk

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:11 pm    Post subject: Re: William Gilliam - onerase - [email protected] Reply with quote

FASTBACKDON wrote:

Neil did you ever get your item?
Yes, I did eventually get it. It took this thread to get him moving though.

FU#3
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: