Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Alexwoa
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
This page may contain links to eBay where the site receives compensation.
crotchsplit
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:15 pm    Post subject: Alexwoa Reply with quote

Is the ebay user "ALEXWOA" a reputable seller? I see he frequently sells split items on there.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Twitter Gallery Classifieds Feedback
53 0val
Samba Professor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have never had a problem, and I have bought items for several years from him. Cool
crewlvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

same here has good stuff. billy
TyeDyeBug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to hear since I have stuff on the way from him. Little pricey but isn't most quality stuff Wink
TorrentNor
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would stay clear of alexwoa, he is a conman.

I'm not that good with rare VW stuff, so I asked him specifically before I bid on a pair of long turn indicators for my 61' T1. He told me they would fit the fenders. But no, they don't. The curve of the indicator isn’t anything close to the T1 fender.

I also bought a set of fog light brackets. He told me they wore very rare NOS part. When I got them, I could easily see that they wore brand new. No NOS part at all.

The only thing I'm happy with, is a hood emblem that I bought.

All tree part wore bought at the same time. And despite my repeated message to mark the package as “used car parts” or “gift”, he didn’t. So I had to pay $170 in tax when I picked it up at the post office. Even dough it’s not tax on used things in our country. Also the freight he charged was more than 5 times the value of the stamps that he put on the package. He didn’t even have insurance on the parts for that extra price he charged!!

And please don't come and tell me that the guy with one of the biggest collections of rare VW stuff in the world, didn’t know that the indicators wouldn't fit and that the brackets wore not NOS. Because that is BS

Stay clear and don’t buy anything from this con man!!!!
53 0val
Samba Professor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex has changed his "attitude" recently. My above previous post was two years ago. If you read the last line of all his eBay sales, you will see that he is very careful on what he says about whether anything actually works. He is selling lots of fakes now and has many complaints. The Porsche/VW Toy and Lit show was full of people who were upset with him. I'm sorry to see this change. I'm no longer buying anything from him. (Scroll down to the final remarks.)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsche-911-356-RAL...enameZWDVW

"Disclaimer: All offered parts are for decoration only. Do not use them. If you do not accept this please do not bid.
Please check yourself if the offered parts fits your car especially the hella and bosch accessories on your ponton pagode . Even if i saw most of them in old german perohaus or ghe happich dehne prospect."
VOODOOKING
Samba Salami Slapper

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've bought from him twice and had no problems.
GERMANCAR
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The question is why he made the user ID kept private.
So we can not see anybody pushing the price, or what do you think ?
53 0val
Samba Professor

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GERMANCAR wrote:
The question is why he made the user ID kept private.
So we can not see anybody pushing the price, or what do you think ?

You're correct............With eBay's new policy, the buyer's ID is scrambled until actual purchase, so there is no reason to create this "private" ID unless you are using the same people to shill up your price. There are a group of German dealers who have played this game for the last several years.
53 0val
Samba Professor

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "real" reason the private ID's were used in the past was to stop buyers from being contacted by other sellers and making 'side' deals. If I was selling an item and had an interested bidder, I would not want someone to contact that bidder with an offer to sell a similar item at a reduced price. That was the original reason for the "Private ID's", and Alex was one of the first German VW sellers to use it.
TorrentNor
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm bumping this one and hope that no one buys from this coning bastard!!
Lee.
Samba Animal Controller

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought some stuff from Alex. I knew they were overpriced repos but I didn't care. Laughing They look nice and I'm happy with the purchase.
cln60ragfk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

has anyone bought anything from alex lately? i bought stuff from him, but that was years ago and i'm saddened to see he has resorted to fake shit. i would like to know if anyone has bought something from him lately.
TorrentNor
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

April 2008 was the only time I bought something from alex. And it will never happen again.

I bought a pair of long fender turnsignals that he claimed fit T1. They don't and he knew that. I also bought a pair of forlight brackets who he claimd was NOS. They wore not. They wore Repop.

When I complained, he gave me bad feedback on eBay. Called me a poor eBayer and late payer. All BS of couars. I paid two days after the auctions ended. And I only gave him a bad feedback after ha denied ever knowing the parts did not fit and wore repop. A guy with one of the most complete collection of VW accessories knew this. No doubt!!

DON'T DO BUSINESS WITH THIS CONMAN!!
nicolass
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:11 am    Post subject: alexwoa Reply with quote

Hi
BEWARE OF ALEXWOA,mrs CAMBERG
Alex Bernarhard Rathausstrasse 6 Cadolzburg
2 years ago i pay for a dual mirror i won with bidding on Ebay
After paying 200 euro + shipping
I never recieved the mirror from ALEXWOA, mrs CAMBERG
The respons on the emails was always the same your adress is not correct when you pay another shipping cost i send it to you
After paying another shipping cost you guess i dont recieved the mirror
i'l live for over 35 years on the same adress and packets from all over the world find the way to my home only the packet from ALEX not
No money returns to me only threatening emails
So i'm ready with ALEXWOA and i can only say
BEWARE of this seller its a CROOK he's only looking for your money

Nico
from the Netherlands
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
KaliKabrio
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:48 pm    Post subject: Alexwoa Reply with quote

I never had a problem with Alex hes always been fair with me.As Bob had mentioned in his last post about the private Id this is correct.Alex did this so bidders will not contact one another.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
53 0val
Samba Professor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Alexwoa Reply with quote

KaliKabrio wrote:
I never had a problem with Alex hes always been fair with me.As Bob had mentioned in his last post about the private Id this is correct.Alex did this so bidders will not contact one another.

So when are you going to get back into VW's Greg? Wink
KaliKabrio
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:14 pm    Post subject: Alexwoa Reply with quote

Bob Im going to start restoring the 58 Euro convertible soon.I just purchased an Nos 58-61 Dehne gauge for it,and a few other accessories.Both of my kids are in college so money is tight these days thanks for asking Bob,Hope to see you soon.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: