Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

which KYB shocks for lowered 69 bus?
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
This page may contain links to eBay where the site receives compensation.
vwjoe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 3:40 pm    Post subject: which KYB shocks for lowered 69 bus? Reply with quote

I've lowered my 69 vw bus with front adjustable axl beam and the boomarang kit for the back,both from the busboys.The rear sping plates were kept at stock placement. At an angle of 23 degrees.When i ordered shocks (KYB gas adjust )the back ones didn't fit. The front ones fit fine,the ones they sent me were (9inches compressed and 16 inches decompressed).The back ones were atleast 2.5 inches to short.
From bolt hole to bolt hole it messure's just a tad under 19 inches and thats with the car jacked up in the air, There is no engine,tranny,glass, doors or anything else on the bus.I know this effects the weight but not that much.I pilled 4 of my friends in the bus when it was on the ground and it barelly did anything.Meanning the holes didn't get any closer together.Does anyone know which shocks i need by part number from KYB? They could be shocks for another type of car.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
steponmebbbboom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do know that stock shocks are not available anywhere, due to the narrow end bushings, you need to break off the bottom studs and replace them with a nut and bolt. Lowered, I have no clue. Do you mind me asking what you paid for your beam? I need one badly.
vwkurt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On my lowered 70 bus, it has coil over shocks all around. They are probably easier to find the right size since they are adjustable.
I too would be curious to know what a front beam goes for nowadays. I tried selling my bus on ebay with no takers, so I am contemplating parting it out.

Kurt
vwjoe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 6:35 pm    Post subject: My 69 Reply with quote

As far as you parting out your bus (let me know firts please if you don't mind.You can e-mail me at wagenfreak69@hot mail.com)You won't get much for the front axl beam.The only bus beams that are worth anything are the axl beams from a 69 bus due to the bolt pattern.The 69 beam can be used on both early and late models.
I got the adjustable beam from bus boys for $350.00 plus shipping and $150.00 core charge(they're in Cal. and i'm in Fl. ).I had to send them mine and that cost me out the ass too.When all said and done with it cost me about $600.00.
I'm still tring to finnish the restoration Or i would let you know how it rides,But a friend has one on his split and loves it says it rides great.

How does the coil over shocks feel? What Co. made them?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwkurt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vwjoe,

I don't know exactly what brand shocks they are and I don't know how they ride. I traded my friend for it, but he said it rode really nice once he put the coil overs in in place of the standard shocks that were on it.
Here is the link to the unsuccessful auction from when I tried to sell it, if you want to see what it looks like.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...AMEUS%3AIT
vwjoe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 1:18 pm    Post subject: your 70 Reply with quote

I saw your 70 bus. Is that the one that you were thinking about parting out?
If it is, I recomend you don't part it out.That bus is in to good of shape. Take your time you will find a buyer.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: