Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

VW Shops in Seattle area...
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
motofly196
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:19 pm    Post subject: VW Shops in Seattle area... Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm planning a family vacation to the Seattle area in the next few weeks. I've searched for VW shops in that area, but I'm not sure who's good, who's not. Are there any who have alot of stuff in stock? I need pans for a 70' beetle....and alot of misc sheetmetal for the 63' Kombi. Thought it'd be nice to pick it up, instead of having to pay for shipping. I thought CIP 1 was near Seattle, called them, turns out they're in Canada?? Thanks!!

Scott
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
empiracer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure if you call Autovice in advance they can have everything you need waiting for you. heres is there number 1-888-226-9969
joe56vw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cip1 sheet metal is crap even if they were close i would still paid shipping to get something better. it's really thin and the line don't match up

why is there no sarcasism button on here?
camerod
Volksfab

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can stop by Oval's motorsports in Federal way, they will have you floor pans in stock and have a pretty good sized showroom. I am unaware of anyone that stocks bus sheet metal in this area. best bet is to call Gerson and WAIT.
arthurnugen
Samba Member

Location: The PNW, where "going green" means rolling with moss.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott,

Call Autovice and ask for Bill. They're located near Alderwood Mall. He can get you virtually anything you need. If they don't have it, he can get it from (I think) Worldpac in like half a day.

Bill's the best. One time I returned a clutch fork for my bus that broke - someone else from there sold it to me and Bill looked at it, says its crap, and then tells me they don't have any good ones. I was bummed as I needed it for a camping trip that weekend, so Bill goes to the the transmission display, pulls what I think was an NOS clutch fork, and sell it to me! You can't beat that kind of customer service.

Arthur

zozo wrote:
Don't worry too much. You can always trust a lawyer.

ALWAYS WEAR STEEL-TOE BOOTS IN THE GARAGE!
1965 Bus (Riviera camper)
1972 Bug 'vert
1967 Bug sunroof
1961 Ghia 'vert
1957 DKW 3=6: 3 cylinder 2 stroke!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Clara Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

arthurnugen wrote:
Scott,

Call Autovice and ask for Bill. They're located near Alderwood Mall. He can get you virtually anything you need. If they don't have it, he can get it from (I think) Worldpac in like half a day.

Bill's the best. One time I returned a clutch fork for my bus that broke - someone else from there sold it to me and Bill looked at it, says its crap, and then tells me they don't have any good ones. I was bummed as I needed it for a camping trip that weekend, so Bill goes to the the transmission display, pulls what I think was an NOS clutch fork, and sell it to me! You can't beat that kind of customer service.

Arthur

Plus Bill's a really nice guy. I've known him for about 15 years. I've never been into his shop though, I should next time I get to Seattle.
Is this the Bow Wow he's at, in Lynnwood?
http://autoviceservice.com/parts.htm
http://www.yelp.com/biz/bow-wow-auto-parts-lynnwood

There is also Mouse Meat in Tacoma. Earl and his brother opened that place. I don't think they are big on selling parts though, they just want to work on the cars. Aircooled and water cooled http://www.mousemeatinc.com/index.html

NWForeign Auto Parts in Tanglewilde closed down recently because the proprietor died of spinal cancer (RIP Mark)
there are a couple more places in my area, all along the road that was 99 the old hwy, now the main drag.
There used to be VW shops on Aurora/ Hwy 99 every mile or so in the 70s.
motofly196
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everybody for responding so quickly! Now I've gotta make some calls, and get all these shops into our mapquest route!! Shocked Good thing the family is into VW's too! We don't have any stores like that over here in Spokane, to just browse through...should be fun...and possibly expensive!

Scott
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sled
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I work across the street from Autovice/bow wow and know the guys pretty well now, Bill is the man, and Doug who runs the show is great too. That shop can help you out with anything you need.
Mikee
Samba A.D.D. Boy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What ever happened to Tacoma off-road, that use to be next to the Bow shop?

bugnut68 wrote:
I would have kicked the guy right in the dick, balls, ass and face and destroyed his weed. Hippies suck.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
arthurnugen
Samba Member

Location: The PNW, where "going green" means rolling with moss.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

motofly196 wrote:
Thanks everybody for responding so quickly! Now I've gotta make some calls, and get all these shops into our mapquest route!! Shocked Good thing the family is into VW's too! We don't have any stores like that over here in Spokane, to just browse through...should be fun...and possibly expensive!

Scott

Clara, that's the place. Scott, there used to be a VW parts store right near SCC, but I think it's gone now. There's also a VW repair shop near the corner of Market and Garland, behind that used tire shop.

Arthur

zozo wrote:
Don't worry too much. You can always trust a lawyer.

ALWAYS WEAR STEEL-TOE BOOTS IN THE GARAGE!
1965 Bus (Riviera camper)
1972 Bug 'vert
1967 Bug sunroof
1961 Ghia 'vert
1957 DKW 3=6: 3 cylinder 2 stroke!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
joe56vw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i personally like autosport in seattle by the airport very good customer svc but don't stock alot of parts
i don't like oval's they have alot of parts in stock and a cool showroom but i have not been treated very well by them in the past
i used to go to bow wow when i lived up north anyways treated good there
now that nwfa is gone and due to the gas prices i either go to autosport or mail order everything

why is there no sarcasism button on here?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: