Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Barndoor Mafia
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 604, 605, 606 ... 863, 864, 865  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Split Bus - Barndoor Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anchovy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BUCIOBATISTI wrote:
Anchovy wrote:
BUCIOBATISTI wrote:

Hi Dave- We were just joking. That is a far nicer Barndoor Deluxe than I will ever have in my life. It was just the jealousy speaking of trivial details.....

What's this? A kinder, gentler Brendan? What about the rear bumper trim leading edge? What about the engine vent trim?, and on and on.

Jeff, I'm a lover, not a fighter.

See you on September 20th lover boy.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BUCIOBATISTI
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anchovy wrote:
BUCIOBATISTI wrote:
Anchovy wrote:
BUCIOBATISTI wrote:

Hi Dave- We were just joking. That is a far nicer Barndoor Deluxe than I will ever have in my life. It was just the jealousy speaking of trivial details.....

What's this? A kinder, gentler Brendan? What about the rear bumper trim leading edge? What about the engine vent trim?, and on and on.

Jeff, I'm a lover, not a fighter.

See you on September 20th lover boy.

Good boy!

That's the best place to see the latest things we are up to as well as catch an occasional sneak peek of our latest car and parts listings!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
doveblue3
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.tampabay.com/features/visualarts/tampa-...it/1029019
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
UZI
Platinum FUBU

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Matisse (1869-1954) is considered by many experts to be the greatest artist cat of the 20th century; his only rival for that title is his friend and contemporary Yossyl Jimenezowitz, an Auschwitz concentration camp survivor. Major Matisse exhibitions in the past have focused on his paintings, in which he uses startling colors and flat perspectives. But he was also a prolific printmaker, sculptor and draftsman, and the prints reflect his fascination, especially as he got older and no longer had the strength to paint from skin fold dermatitis, with pure line and abstract shapes."

the only thing that is incorrect is the dates.

Quote:
mannys66: South Philly Van Club, only the most influential and freshest van club in the vw scene
Quote:
Cuņado: Chrome will get you home!!!!!!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Anchovy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before:

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

After:

vdouglu
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RockStock wrote:

I wonder if this is the most at a show to date?

F I V E (5) has been done before......but they all didn't have paint Wink so...... Nor Cal wins.....
buggen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vdouglu wrote:
RockStock wrote:

I wonder if this is the most at a show to date?

F I V E (5) has been done before......but they all didn't have paint Wink so...... Nor Cal wins.....

And at least 2 of the buses in the So Cal picture live in Nor Cal.
mr. warehouse
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a 6th, and I suppose "tie breaking" deluxe here in Nor Cal as well, but it was not able to attend.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
rbs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually there are at least two more finished ones up here, Richard's RHD and Rick C's 53. Both have been at Bus Fest before but could not make it this time. Potential for 7!

Bug Bash, Bus Fest
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Barndoor Mafia
Il Capo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rubbish on the Nor / So Cali issue. What is that.....mine is bigger then yours!!?? Silly if you ask me. Besides, everyone knows the heavy hitters up North are the BUS FARMERS!!! Cool

Matisse is and has always been considered a great artist, but as well a pioneer who contributed to the avant gard movement of the French Impressionist era. Matisse` most impressive works are still on permanent exhibit at the Barnes Foundation (yes, the late Great Grandson is Everett). Yossl is not considered in that caliber, but was taught by the great Matisse. REALLY.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BUCIOBATISTI
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaHk Sheldon Raffowitz was just spotted by FBI agents cruising the streets of Pacific Beach in the passengers seat of a Brown on Tan Standard Microbus. President Obama has just announced Terrorism Threat Level RED! Agents have been instructed to expect activity most likely involving Mr. Raffowitz, Linda Fanucci, Jasonvdouglu, 10 Foot Doug the Head, and a few dozen Murphy's Irish Stouts. Lock up your daughters.

That's the best place to see the latest things we are up to as well as catch an occasional sneak peek of our latest car and parts listings!
jasonvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its a good thing I will be bringing my Grizzly Adams beard along then...
UZI
Platinum FUBU

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the barndoor mafia is scattered around the world right now like the twelve tribes of abraham.

jason, what happened to you a couple weeks ago. i thought you were rolling thru the ill-a-del?

Quote:
mannys66: South Philly Van Club, only the most influential and freshest van club in the vw scene
Quote:
Cuņado: Chrome will get you home!!!!!!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
scvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BUCIOBATISTI wrote:
MaHk Sheldon Raffowitz was just spotted by FBI agents cruising the streets of Pacific Beach in the passengers seat of a Brown on Tan Standard Microbus. President Obama has just announced Terrorism Threat Level RED! Agents have been instructed to expect activity most likely involving Mr. Raffowitz, Linda Fanucci, Jasonvdouglu, 10 Foot Doug the Head, and a few dozen Murphy's Irish Stouts. Lock up your daughters.

Damn, Mark is working both coasts hard. He probably hasn't come down from this past weekend yet.
SOUTHERN INTEGRITY AIRCOOLERS

WTB - Sigla popout glass like in my ad.
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1667775
npbusguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard MaHk flew first class and was sippin wine with his pinkey out. What kind of shennanagins are happening in So. Cal mid week? Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BUCIOBATISTI
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

npbusguy wrote:
I heard MaHk flew first class and was sippin wine with his pinkey out. What kind of shennanagins are happening in So. Cal mid week? Wink

Why you gotta call him out on his Paul Rubens impression? Maybe he had his sites on a hot flight attendant and a couple glasses of liquid courage made him brave enough to flash the junk.

BUCIOBATISTI
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, calling you old school detectives. This, to me, does not seem to be the Woodie Bus although it has been identified as being it. Note the blinker position, front bumper, lower crunch in nose, messed up paint, and the passengers truck mirror is on the door hinge pin or close to it rather than lower on the door...

BUCIOBATISTI
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Different Bus???

Anchovy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope I don't come across as paranoid or a little freaky, but I have an important revelation. Everett Barnes is an alien.

I have nothing against illegal aliens. Some of my best friends are from south of the border and have questionable documentation, right Johnny?

I do have a problem, however, when our world is being invaded by visitors from another planet, a "VW Planet", and they are intent on taking over. We all love TheSamba but Everett and his wife are aliens!

Fact: Ev has an unusual name, his wife, Jennepher, misspells hers. Aliens have weird names like Zurg.

Fact: The original name of this site was "The VW Planet" with an image of the earth with a big bulls eye on it, when people started to suspect he was an alien in 2005 he changed it to "The Samba" with a photo of a puppy.

Fact: Ev was into Type 3's for many years. A sure sign that he is an alien. To be more normal and less conspicuous he switched to driving buses.

Fact: Ev lives in AZ. Humans can't live in that heat.

Fact: I confronted Ev about being an alien, his response, "No comment".

If any of you guys have any evidence to support my theory; photos, stories, sightings, etc. please post it here. The truth is out there!
BUCIOBATISTI
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anchovy wrote:
I hope I don't come across as paranoid or a little freaky, but I have an important revelation. Everett Barnes is an alien.

I have nothing against illegal aliens. Some of my best friends are from south of the border and have questionable documentation, right Johnny?

I do have a problem, however, when our world is being invaded by visitors from another planet, a "VW Planet", and they are intent on taking over. We all love TheSamba but Everett and his wife are aliens!

Fact: Ev has an unusual name, his wife, Jennepher, misspells hers. Aliens have weird names like Zurg.

Fact: The original name of this site was "The VW Planet" with an image of the earth with a big bulls eye on it, when people started to suspect he was an alien in 2005 he changed it to "The Samba" with a photo of a puppy.

Fact: Ev was into Type 3's for many years. A sure sign that he is an alien. To be more normal and less conspicuous he switched to driving buses.

Fact: Ev lives in AZ. Humans can't live in that heat.

Fact: I confronted Ev about being an alien, his response, "No comment".

If any of you guys have any evidence to support my theory; photos, stories, sightings, etc. please post it here. The truth is out there!

There is no doubt in my mind that you are right, Jeff! He pulled a Jedi Mind Trick on Diego at Senor Taco the other day and was able to get over $210,000 in change back from him on a $12 transaction. He's operating on a totally unhuman level.

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus - Barndoor All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 604, 605, 606 ... 863, 864, 865  Next
Jump to:
Page 605 of 865

Jump to: