Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Slash Bumper Uprights
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pastelito Man
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anybody know what has to be done to fit a rear WW slashbumber to a 61 singlecab??? If it can be done??

'A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.'
BarryL Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't '61 SC the same as regular slash bus?
Culito

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BarryL wrote:

Yes, I think mid-60 was the change, so you can use a regular bus bumper.
johnnypan wrote:
...dont pay no attention to Culito,he's a cornhole..
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Not Safari Izzy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StockNazi wrote:
bill may wrote:
KombiMonster wrote:
your needing pointed bumpers for your '65 to be correct..

early 65 was slash/slash and late 65 was slash front and pointed rear.
to complicate things, don't forget if you have a deluxe, it would have slash trim on the late 65 pointed rear.

i have a dec 64 deluxe (would that be considered late?) and recently switched deluxe pointed bumpers in the back (the original one was thrashed), the original one was pointed with slash trim and I replaced it with a pointed bumper with pointed trim...looks like I gotta swap out the trim now too. Thanks for the info.

1952 Beetle 11G
1956 Beetle 151
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BarryL wrote:

My '61 DC is the same.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
GERMANAIRE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:58 am    Post subject: Bumpers Reply with quote

Whats up Raul ! ,I heard you got a sweet single and are ready to mingle in the Buses now. Sweet! Well I Think you can put on a slash bumper no problem, do you have any bumper now or are you just going to buy one from WW. In either case you should be fine just saying if you had an og one and was a little bang up they are straightend pretty easy and you would have og when when straightend and painted. Send me some pics I would Love to see it. I sold my 65 beetle yesterday. A new oval is comming will send you pics of it and my Bus. Talk soon, Peter
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Pastelito Man
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Bumpers Reply with quote

GERMANAIRE wrote:
Whats up Raul ! ,I heard you got a sweet single and are ready to mingle in the Buses now. Sweet! Well I Think you can put on a slash bumper no problem, do you have any bumper now or are you just going to buy one from WW. In either case you should be fine just saying if you had an og one and was a little bang up they are straightend pretty easy and you would have og when when straightend and painted. Send me some pics I would Love to see it. I sold my 65 beetle yesterday. A new oval is comming will send you pics of it and my Bus. Talk soon, Peter

Hey Peter whats going on hope the families doing well. Yes I found a nice all OG. 61 single cab in Cali. I'm doing it all over but the paint. I'm leaving that alone just polishing it. Engines getting redone and so is tranny and all the front end. my single cab came with the wrong rear bumper it has a pointed rear bumper wich I think thats what your year takes to be correct. send pics. soon take it easy Raul..

'A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.'
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: