Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Oh Yeah ..One of those kinda days!
Forum Index -> Stories Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hella Bro
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 9:28 am    Post subject: Oh Yeah ..One of those kinda days! Reply with quote

Jusy got off work and was walking toward my Double-Cab and noticed the driver side wheel cylinder was leaking fluid. No big deal,fill the rez and drive it home slowly. On the way
home my generator light comes on. I pull over pop the hood and find the belt is still intact. OK its the gen. or the reg. that's
screwed. I pull up in my driveway shut off the bus get out and my next door neighbor yells to me that Ive got a flat tire in the rear. I said to myself..Oh Yeah..One of those kinda days!
VWAdam
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 10:37 am    Post subject: Oh Yeah ..One of those kinda days! Reply with quote

Yep, I had one of them days on Friday. Two of my friends and I were going to go eat/hangout you know and as I was following one of them in his POS Honda to drop it off his tire went flat, so we put the tiny donut spare on and it was flat. After we got that worked out we continued on in my Bug(which was the plan anyways) and went about 50miles away to a Guthrie's restaraunt. Then my trusty little Bug won't start. We then push her to the empty bank parking lot next door and they pushed it as I did the stuff to push start it. Oh and one of them lost their shoe in the process. It was crazy. It was all good because my Bug got us home even though it stormed and rained heavy on us when we were going back home.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jfpvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 4:34 pm    Post subject: Oh Yeah ..One of those kinda days! Reply with quote

the victorious litte vw
j.pickens
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 6:00 pm    Post subject: Oh Yeah ..One of those kinda days! Reply with quote

Don't Jinx Me!
I've been driving my bus all weekend, and had kids and the wife and the bicycles all ready to head home from the park. Turned the key, and it just cranked and cranked, didn't start. I got out, checked everything back there, and came back, and it started. Whew, it hasn't done that before. Now I'll spend the next week trying to figure out what is wrong.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2003 12:09 pm    Post subject: Oh Yeah ..One of those kinda days! Reply with quote

driving home from the Orlando show last night, driving down I-4, bumper to bumper traffic, a whole bunch of us, one of us in a scirroco blows a hose, took and hour to get everything on and working, people driving by telling us that VW's suck while i gave them the finger. so we are back on the road go to meet up with the others, find out that our clubs secretary's battery isn't charging in her 63 beetle, it gets dark then it starts raining, then pouring, i think she got scared and stalled out and got off on the side of the road. we wait for it to stop raining so hard, jump it and drive it to the next gas station. my dad who was pulling a trailer with 2 VW's on it, gets caught on a one way dirt road trying to turn around. (he made it though) meanwhile i called AAA because i knew she wouldn't want to drive home in the rain. we wait and wait finally 2 and a half hours later the tow truck comes. so at 10:00 we were back on the road, my little 62 36 horse kicking but, we run into rain again, OK no big deal just go a little slower, then it pours on a 2 lane highway with no lights, i couldn't see crap, finally by 1:30 we made it home, called the tow truck guys to see where they were, find out they went the wrong way and took them another 2.5 hours to get the beetle back to us, i finally got home 3:30 in the morning. now I'm at work tired as hell and thinking to myself well i guess it could have been worse. sorry if this story doesn't make sense, but thats what you get when you didn't get any sleep.
Humanure
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2003 5:10 pm    Post subject: Oh Yeah ..One of those kinda days! Reply with quote

Hey VWgirl27, what town is the club you are in based out of? I live in central FL near Lakeland and went to the same show. Although it was my first visit to that show, I was a bit disappointed that it was not bigger. So I left early and missed all that rain. But back to the topic at hand, I really have not had "one of those days" yet with my 60 Bug except running out of gas because mine does not have a fuel gauge. I was lucky enough to catch someone just getting home and was given a little fuel to get me to the next gas station. Now I watch my odometer and fill up at regular intervals.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2003 12:46 pm    Post subject: Oh Yeah ..One of those kinda days! Reply with quote

My club is based out of Fort Myers, FL.
pyr0
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2003 11:56 pm    Post subject: Oh Yeah ..One of those kinda days! Reply with quote

yesterday i was driving home and the clutch slipped at the lights, no big deal was replacing it today neway, but then at the next set of lights i had no gears at all... just one of those days i got it towed and a mate picked me up.
dougefresh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 7:25 pm    Post subject: Oh Yeah ..One of those kinda days! Reply with quote

Hey Humanure,
I went to that show 2 years ago and thought it was pretty good, but havent made it back since. I would have went this time but have been working on my Dads 70 Bug. It is going to the paint shop Monday.

I am in South Lakeland and have a 79 Pearl White Vert. Drop me a line, maybe we can get together and swap lies.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Humanure
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 8:57 pm    Post subject: Oh Yeah ..One of those kinda days! Reply with quote

Hey dougnospamhamp, I tried to email you twice but it keeps getting returned as undeliverable. Says "user doesn't have a Yahoo.com account." Hey are you going to this on Sunday? http://www.fisherbuggies.com/EVENTS2.HTM
I will be there, let me know if you go. [email protected]
dougefresh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 5:30 am    Post subject: Oh Yeah ..One of those kinda days! Reply with quote

Sorry I forgot to tell you to remove the 'nospam' from my return addy. I have sent you a separate Email.

Thanks,

Doug
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2003 6:10 pm    Post subject: Oh Yeah ..One of those kinda days! Reply with quote

mine sucked i was with my brother we were driving the car was having a bad day my friend's dad backed into the hood ouch then on our way to the vw meeting the clutch tube freed up snap wouldnt harly shift as we took off we hear a loud bank like someone hit us in back no damage so we went to meading and they next day were poking around one bolt holding in the motor was missing and all the tranny mounts came lose we felt kinda stupid tiened everything up and took the bug down to a old retired vw guy he is the best and had him fix the clutch tube it wont brake again
58Type2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2003 5:38 am    Post subject: Oh Yeah ..One of those kinda days! Reply with quote

About a week ago, I got the luck y time to be first at a railroad crossing. It was a loing train so I turned of the SC and sat there til the train finished. Go to start it up and no click no turn, no nothing. This has happened before so as I get ready to get under the truck to jump the starter, Traffic starts to pick up again..after all the cars have passed me since I am immobile. So, get back down to jump in, starts raining. No biggie, this is Oregon. But then more traffic starts coming. Oh, did I mention it was 10 pm on a busy street with no lights nearby? My mistake. As I do not have hazards, it is a '58 afterall. I had to sit in the truck and just press on the brakes intermittantly to make it look like hazards. Black truck and white bumpers, people don't see it. Call up my friend and he comes and helps out. Less than 30 seconds before he shows up a cop pulls up behind me. Now I can do what I need to do. I get out to do it, realize I don't have my screwdriver, friend comes over and 30 seconds later the truck is purring. We get ready to leave and another cop stops by and eyes my friend. Seems that my friend was going kinda fast a couple nights before and this was the cop that saw him. Anywho, no more turning off the truck as RR crossings until I get my new starter.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Stories All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: