Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Buyer is Lagging Big Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mango Juice
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2003 8:40 am    Post subject: Buyer is Lagging Big Time Reply with quote

Ok no problem Eric.... on to a new thread????
Mango Juice
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2003 9:13 am    Post subject: Buyer is Lagging Big Time Reply with quote

Sorry to get off the thread, but I have a story very similar to your story you mention a couple of times, maybe I should put it in the story column??? anyway here it goes, oh a few years ago I get an email from a guy somewere near Sacramento that had a rusty project he was trying to save and needed some metal, I just happened to have a rusty Oval that I had cut up and posted a couple of parts off it for sale right here on this site, I gave him my phone number to set something up, this guy was trying to get a ride to Fresno to pick up a big chunk of metal too big to ship, we set up a date and time and guess what he never showed up or called??? he called a few days later and said he was on his way???? I told him I was on my way out the door and the metal he wanted had been picked up by my metal recycler after he did not come three days earlier as we agreed. I guess when people need parts or cars, in place of saying they want it, they need to make it a top priority in getting them so that the person trying to help them is not tied up for a few days or in my orignal thread weeks. I have to go now I have a car to build for the Classic in June, thanks for all the input and next time I will put my stories in the stories column.
Yustrn
JHC Controla

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2003 9:40 pm    Post subject: Buyer is Lagging Big Time Reply with quote

Man that must be a broke ass not to have his own car, good thing I have never needed to find a ride anywhere, as I got my own ride and that is fucked that the guy was suppose to get there 3 days earlier, that would have made him get there in the middle of the week. That's a long drive for the middle of the week for someone from Sac. You should have that guy contact me, I've been buying and selling long enough not to set up trips in the week, especially with my busy travel schedule, I always make sure long trips are on the weekends especially when I know I'm out of town that week and the seller makes up some bullshit story to cover himself..but that's just me...other people do their own thing.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Mango Juice
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 9:18 am    Post subject: Buyer is Lagging Big Time Reply with quote

Yeah I would have to say that guy might have been a broke ass?? at the time he did not have a car or at least have one that would make it to Fresno, sorry Eric I did not get his phone number I just gave him my number since he was the one that needed the sraps to put his rusty car together, not really too sure what the guys problem was??? He just never called the day he was supposed to come get the metal, I guess he thought since he talked to me on the phone and set up a date and time it was ok to finally decide to come and get it three days later, I had a guy do that one time, he was pissed he drove all the way from the Bay Area (farther than Sac)never called me to say he was coming down to look at some parts he just showed up in Fresno and decided to call, well I told him I sold the parts to someone else after I did not hear from him, we never set up a date or time he just showed up??? some Vw people are just weird??? not to offend anyone reading this, really I'm a nice guy, but man I cannot figure some people out, they want it all I guess???
Mango Juice
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 9:07 am    Post subject: Buyer is Lagging Big Time Reply with quote

Just to let everyone know, we have worked this problem out!!!! after he apologized and said it was his fault for no communication, he did not want to loose his deposit, so he will pay my original asking price and wants to keep the relationship in good standings. A sort of happy ending to this problem!!!!
j.pickens
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 11:26 pm    Post subject: Buyer is Lagging Big Time Reply with quote

"so he will pay my original asking price"

Yeah, right. Let us know when the check clears.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Mango Juice
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2003 6:43 pm    Post subject: Buyer is Lagging Big Time Reply with quote

ok I will, he said he sent it Monday, so we will find out????
j.pickens
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2003 10:45 pm    Post subject: Buyer is Lagging Big Time Reply with quote

So, the check is in the mail.
If it went in on Monday, you should see that check on Wednesday, Thursday latest.
What are the odds that it won't make it by Thursday?
I'm guessing 99%
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
UZI
Platinum FUBU

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 4:30 am    Post subject: Buyer is Lagging Big Time Reply with quote

i think it takes a little longer from overseas
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Mango Juice
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 7:39 am    Post subject: Buyer is Lagging Big Time Reply with quote

I think that if he plays me around again, I would probably take the sawzall to it and give it to him in pieces, no but really this was a bad buyer, never thought I would have to put an ad up here in the forums, but it is all behind me as long as he keeps his word this time, I can check my account to see if it is pending to make sure, I think the best thing to say is we talked it out and we came to an agreement for my troubles he will pay my full asking price, so we will see, yes depending on the bank it should take up to 7 days, some banks can do it the next day, my wifes mum's bank in England takes 2-3 days to wire...we will see today if it is at least pending, thanks all for the input, hopefully this problem has not happened to others????
j.pickens
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 1:49 pm    Post subject: Buyer is Lagging Big Time Reply with quote

Didn't pay close attention to the fact that he is overseas. Where is he supposedly sending the check from > to? Calculate the normal delivery time, plug it into my earlier statement, and I'll bet dollars to donuts, the check will NOT arrive until much later, if at all. This is a way for someone to search for a buyer, and to use his deposit to tie up your investment while searching. Time=money. I would refuse the payment if it comes later than the standard delivery date for a first class mail delivery from his location to yours made on Monday March 31st. Send a polite letter, and either tell him to keep his money, or return the late check, and KEEP the deposit!
bljones
Resident Wit

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 3:06 pm    Post subject: Buyer is Lagging Big Time Reply with quote

if he is sending a bank to bank wire transfer, which it sounds like, ask him to fax you a receipt for the transfer. the recipt will have all the necessary numbers to track it, and with a couple of phone calls you can trace it. also, if you track a wire transfer, you can often speed up the process through the corresponding banks. if the banks know someone is looking for it , transfers tend to move faster. Otherwise, each bank that touches the money sits on it for a day, to gain a day's interest in the process. (ie bank of dusseldorf takes a day to remit to Deutschbank, which takes a day to remit to it's american correspondent, Citibank, which sits on it before fowarding it to First Podunk savings and Loan.)
Mango Juice
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 10:19 am    Post subject: Buyer is Lagging Big Time Reply with quote

Wow, you were right samba.com folks still no money, I guess I better get out the "Sawzall Monster" unbelieveable?!?!?! Heading out to the Garage Now!!!!!
j.pickens
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 4:32 pm    Post subject: Buyer is Lagging Big Time Reply with quote

Don't cut it up!
Keep the deposit, and re-list the vehicle.

By the way, where WAS he sending the money from?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: