Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

1.6 diesel in 90 jetta valve cover question
Forum Index -> Water-cooled VW Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
m2008s
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:23 am    Post subject: 1.6 diesel in 90 jetta valve cover question Reply with quote

1.6 diesel in 90 jetta

resealed the valve cover just got the car. theres a little plastic cover that sitd on top of the cam bolts, under the valve cover, but it was NOT there

will this cause any issues? do i need to get the cover and redo the valve cover again?

please let me know, thanks

mike

Check out my Myspace (click WWW) and add me, send me a msg though or ill decline Wink.

FOR SALE 71 SQUARE http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=690111
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Classifieds Feedback
busfreak_71
Flat 4 Junkie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There really should be one there. I believe it helps to keep too much oil from going through the CCV. It may also have other purposes, but I'm not sure. Go to http://vwdiesel.net/phpBB/index.php and make a wanted add in the classifieds. Someone should have one.
'85 Mercedes 300SD

Resident Off-Grid hippie and diesel advocate.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Water-cooled VW All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: