Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Progressive Weber 32/36 Intakes -Anyone know the difference?
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
risk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 8:02 pm    Post subject: Progressive Weber 32/36 Intakes -Anyone know the difference? Reply with quote

Putting a centermount progressive setup on my baja and have some questions....please don't offer chitty advice like "trash that pos weber" or "go for duals" or "good luck tuning that one". Thanks in advance!

Top intake & carb is about 10 years old, off a 1600cc dual port, empi brand I think. The other intake is a bit different. Notice the lower intake has longer runner tube. Any ideas on which one is better or what brand they are? Also, the weber has the port for vacuum and I can blow air thru it so I'm guessing that it works with a vacuum advance dizzy. I have three dizzys to choose from --009, 034 svda, and type k vacuum only--which one works best with this carb?

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
rterfert
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone may have shortened the runners on the black intake??....I have run Many of the bottom style manifolds
(I bought a 20+ lot of new ones years back and finally used/sold the last one)
IMO As long as the runners under the carb have two seperate holes rather than an open plentum......they all work the same....
The open plentum seams to loose a little on the lower end and has more of a stumble.
again, IMO I think becuase the air velosity is slower?
Josh_crosson
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think the one the carb is already hooked to is a holley intake for the bugapray. only thinkg i can come up with.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sammyphsyco
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=202712
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=232158

I think you will find both of these links very helpfull with your choice of carb.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
risk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I read those threads when I did the search. I'm gonna pull the carb to see if the intake is open plenum or not. Still trying to figure out which dizzy to use.....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
risk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pulled the carb and noticed that the guy I got this from had used a time sheet to make a carb gasket. Nice, very nice....

Intake on the right is cast that way, not ported out. Anyone had experience using either of these intakes?

rterfert
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as you have seperate throats for each barrel till it hits the cross section they should be/act like the same manifold.
As for the gasket (his rebuild kit) must have been a little vauge where it said paper gasket Laughing
risk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the carb has a vacuum port .... can I use vacuum advance dizzy?? or am i stuck with 009?
grimace007
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i searched a buncha and instead of starting a new thread ill resurrect this one...

is the vacuum signal from a weber 32/36 string enough for a german 034 svda?

id like to ditch my utoh nine

and am about to send my 034 to be redone ( finally )

and dont have the cash to go back to dual carbs yet.

Dallas Air Coolers
perrib wrote:
Hey It is The Samba where well thought out rational answers can take a while and getting side tracked is normal. I was just lucky this time. Smile

cr@M wrote:

No one has any personal responsibility these days. This country is sue happy. Intelligence is no longer a requirement, just an accessory.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mharney
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it has plenty of vacuum for an SVDA.
grimace007
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THANKS MARK.

Dallas Air Coolers
perrib wrote:
Hey It is The Samba where well thought out rational answers can take a while and getting side tracked is normal. I was just lucky this time. Smile

cr@M wrote:

No one has any personal responsibility these days. This country is sue happy. Intelligence is no longer a requirement, just an accessory.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: