Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Stuck rear drive shaft
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
babysnakes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:47 pm    Post subject: Stuck rear drive shaft Reply with quote

I'm trying to extract the rear drive shaft. I have the circlip off but the reverse gear does not want to slide back. I have gently knocked the gear forward, side to side, grabbed it with 90deg pliers and can not move it. The trans is an 002 out of a '70. Any hints or tricks. Thanks.
SGKent Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

have you looked at what Bentley says on this procedure? If not then that would be a good place to start. If yes then call Richard Long at Long Enterprises in Santa Rosa in the morning and ask him. Haynes has a good transmission rebuild step by step in their bus manual.
babysnakes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the Bentley beside me. I read through it twice before I started. I'll call Long in the morning but not on Sunday morning Wink But i think I did it all right, it's just a stubborn part. Thanks SGK
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: