Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Suwanee GA Machine Shop
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
hiram6
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:59 pm    Post subject: Suwanee GA Machine Shop Reply with quote

Took my hubs and disc rotors into a local machine shop to have some work done for my rear disc brake conversion. Guy behind the counter said:

'what's with all the Vanagon owners lately, I've got another job back here for a Vanagon owner."

So, whoever dropped off the set of mercedes alloys to have the lugbolt holes enlarged, just letting you know they're not ready yet!!
Laughing Laughing

Maybe we vanagon owners with all of our fabrications are singlehandedly keeping the machine shops afloat!!!

You can't lie around on the beach and drink rum all day.................unless you start first thing in the morning.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
purplegodzilla
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where is this machine shop? I am actually wanting to have some Mercedes wheel center hubs enlarged but can't find one reasonably. I live off Mc Ginnis. I had to go to three different shops before finding one that is willing to do it but they wanted too much money.

Is this a General Machine shop or Automotive Machinse shop?
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o292/purpleGORILLA/P1020720.jpg
1985 Westfalia
kd4yor
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suwanee is a general machine shop that is capable of most anything. Did you try ASK on McFarland?
hiram6
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

purplegodzilla wrote:
Where is this machine shop? I am actually wanting to have some Mercedes wheel center hubs enlarged but can't find one reasonably. I live off Mc Ginnis. I had to go to three different shops before finding one that is willing to do it but they wanted too much money.

Is this a General Machine shop or Automotive Machinse shop?

They're on Lawrenceville-Suwanee Road. I think it's Exit 111 off I-85.

I told them what I needed done (now bolt pattern drilled into rotors, open up center bore on rotor, press in new studs on hub, lathe down outer edge of hub to fit into rotor. He understood perfectly, and said no problem. I feel confident they will get it right.

You can't lie around on the beach and drink rum all day.................unless you start first thing in the morning.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
purplegodzilla
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Y'all don't happen to know the name of the shop?. I think I kind of know the machine shop y'all are talking about it. Is it next to the foreign car repair place that is on the right if you are going East on Lawrenceville Suwannee? I would like to stop by there tomorrow since it is my day off.

I didn't see any shop off McFarland. All the shops I asked were mainly Automobile Machine shop (Napa, etc..). One dude tried to be smart with me when I brought in my wheel. He said that I needed to find a general machine shop, since his is an automobile machine shop. I told him well isn't the wheel I am holding considered Automobile. Laughing So he had rephrase it....
1985 Westfalia
kd4yor
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You described Suanee perfectly.
ASK was west of 400 a white buildimg on the right going up the hill to Union Hill rd
hiram6
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://maps.google.com/maps/place?cid=14811391964005679493&q=suwanee%2Bmachine%2Bshop

About two miles or so west of I-85 on L-S Road. It'll be on the left coming form 85. You'll need to swing a u-turn to get there.

purplegodzilla
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THANKS!!! So the name is Suwannee, all this time I thought you were referring to the location. Laughing
1985 Westfalia
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: