Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

My Bus is jealous of my other Bus
Forum Index -> Stories Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andrew
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2002 9:55 pm    Post subject: My Bus is jealous of my other Bus Reply with quote

Anybody ever had one of your VW's get jealous of another one of your VW's? I had that happen. Thursday night, I pulled the motor out of my 13-window. After school friday, I pulled the transmission so that I could have it rebuilt. I put it in my Panel Bus, and took it over to my friend's shop for him to take it to the rebuilder. He of course had already gone home and gone to bed. When I got there, i found that my starter was completely dead(knew it was going, just waited till the last minute). So I pushed started it, and went home. Parked at the top of my hilly driveway so that in the morning I could just roll down the hill and start driving. Got to my friends house ok, but on the way there, i knew something was off with the motor(it's probably points or timing). Got there, it was idling really low, but i left it on so that i didn't have to roll/push start it. Left, decided that i would go get something hot to drink (it was early in the morning and cold outside). Got there, parked where I could roll start, went in, got my vanilla chai, came back out, tried roll starting the bus, but it wouldn't start. Damn. Called AAA, got towed home. Went back out in my beetle half hour after i got home to get a starter. It's going in tomorrow.

Andrew
'58 Panel Bus
'60 European Beetle
'67 Deluxe Bus
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2002 12:26 pm    Post subject: My Bus is jealous of my other Bus Reply with quote

I HAD THE SAME THING HAPPEN TO MY MUSTANG, MY BUG WAS IN MY DRIVEWAY (I BLEW SOME SEAL BECAUSE OIL WAS POURING OUT AND EVERYTIME I WOULD COME TO A STOP IT WOULD DIE OUT, MY HOMIE SAID IT SOUNDED MORE LIKE A 6 BANGER INSTEAD OF A AIRCOOLED VW) ANYWAYS I HAD JUST BOUGHT SOME NEW BUMPERS FOR MY BUG, AND I DENTED IT RIGHT IN THE CENTER, COME TO THINK OF IT MY BLAZER WAS JEALOUS TOO, THATS PROBABLY WHY ITS GONE AND THE MUSTANG IS ON ITS WAY TOO
skippytheleglesshobo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2002 2:41 pm    Post subject: My Bus is jealous of my other Bus Reply with quote

hey andrew, it's chris[blue 69] from everybus 2002. i'm starting up an air-cooled club in winston-salem and was wondering if i could get your e-mail addy.

later
chris
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Andrew
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2002 3:39 pm    Post subject: My Bus is jealous of my other Bus Reply with quote

Sure, [email protected]. A few of my buddies have been thinking of starting up a VW club here in Greenville, but I haven't heard much about it.

Andrew
'58 Panel Bus
'60 European Beetle
'67 Deluxe Bus
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
iwearbrownpants
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2002 6:50 pm    Post subject: My Bus is jealous of my other Bus Reply with quote

thats what you/we get for buying cars that breath and live on air...and have faces too..
splitwindowmaster@hotmail
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2002 10:05 am    Post subject: My Bus is jealous of my other Bus Reply with quote

andrew, it sounds to me like it is a maintenence problem which is causing you trouble. when your starter sounds to be going out, you should replace it before it is going out complete. that way you dont have to work the muscles pushing the big bus to go to work the next day.
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2003 9:48 am    Post subject: My Bus is jealous of my other Bus Reply with quote

A '66 my boyfriend let me borrow, wouldn't start, couldn't figure it out. Pushed started it and brought it home, not telling my boyfreind so he wouldn't get mad. Sure enough, he went outside and it started right up, she must have been really jealous because I had other problems with her that my boyfriend never had (lights would always work for him, not for me, etc.) Another bug that one day I was talking about selling right in front of him saying "haven't had much problems, but I need to get rid of him before he starts to give me headaches". Later that day, he wouldn't start! I knew he was mad, so I apologized, told him I didn't mean it and walked away. Next morning, started right up! I didn't know V-dubs were so sensitive.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Stories All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: