Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Today in Porsche hunting history...
Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Forum Index -> Porsche - 911/912/914 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
type241
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:05 am    Post subject: Today in Porsche hunting history... Reply with quote

I looked @ 9 Porsches in a backyard yesterday. All for sale!!!
Most have been sitting in very dry climate for 15+ years.
The list:
62ish 356 Super 90
77 911 Targa- original owner w/invoice, 20,000 miles
914-6 Love this car
914 1.7
914 1.7
914 1.8
914 1.8
914 2.0
914 2.0
OH yeah there is a complete STERLING kit car. Odd but cool.
Will be making offers on 356,911, and 914-6. Sure hope I have enough coin. I know pics or it didn't happen. Will have few pics later today.
type241
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:02 pm    Post subject: Porsche finds Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Fritter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome find! Let's see more pics of the 911 and 356. Who cares about the 914's. ;D
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the Super 90
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
type241
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:01 pm    Post subject: Porsche Reply with quote

I could give a rat fuck about the 914's also. BUT the 914-6 is a special car. Didn't get too many pics as it was a cold mother out. Will be back there in a couple of days to make offers. They are not on the open market so no competition yet.
The 356 is very good starting point for complete resto. A little rust in rear wheel well area. A little in the pans. The worst of it you cant see in pics. It had been repaired at haedlight areas and hood from running into something and the something went right over the top of the bumper.
Some bondo in those areas. Virtuallly complete and runner when parked many moons ago. Appears that the original color(at least on dash) is a metallic charcoal grey?
The 911 targa is one owner all paperwork, 20,000 miles, interior is great. ZERO RUST OR DENTS. Silver is oxidizing. Ran when parked 12 years ago. A few weekends flushing and lubing and it would run. Cant see anything wrong with it.
Picked up a 3 guage 66 912 with No rust a couple weeks back. Already got it torn apart. It hasn't run in 12 years also. When it rains it pours.
Braukuche
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Porsche Reply with quote

type241 wrote:
I could give a rat fuck about the 914's also. BUT the 914-6 is a special car. Didn't get too many pics as it was a cold mother out. Will be back there in a couple of days to make offers. They are not on the open market so no competition yet.
The 356 is very good starting point for complete resto. A little rust in rear wheel well area. A little in the pans. The worst of it you cant see in pics. It had been repaired at haedlight areas and hood from running into something and the something went right over the top of the bumper.
Some bondo in those areas. Virtuallly complete and runner when parked many moons ago. Appears that the original color(at least on dash) is a metallic charcoal grey?
The 911 targa is one owner all paperwork, 20,000 miles, interior is great. ZERO RUST OR DENTS. Silver is oxidizing. Ran when parked 12 years ago. A few weekends flushing and lubing and it would run. Cant see anything wrong with it.
Picked up a 3 guage 66 912 with No rust a couple weeks back. Already got it torn apart. It hasn't run in 12 years also. When it rains it pours.

Very nice. How did you find them?
type241
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:40 pm    Post subject: Porsche finds Reply with quote

I have known about the nine for about five years. Found them when I was paving the street in this small town. 911 in front yard. Drove down alley and bam there they were. Everytime I was in town I would stop. Finally it worked.I just approached the old fella and started talking. There are not many Porsches in this area. We are hillbillies around here. The 912 was on craigslist.
Jake Martinez
The VW Kid

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice find .. good luck on purchasing
65 bug
67 standard

zombie wrote:
buslife wrote:

10 inch narrowed beam

Congrats, that's going to look like shit.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Jacks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am suspect of the alleged '62 S90. That badging never came with that car from the factory.
Braukuche
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:14 am    Post subject: Re: Porsche finds Reply with quote

type241 wrote:
I have known about the nine for about five years. Found them when I was paving the street in this small town. 911 in front yard. Drove down alley and bam there they were. Everytime I was in town I would stop. Finally it worked.I just approached the old fella and started talking. There are not many Porsches in this area. We are hillbillies around here. The 912 was on craigslist.

That's super cool then, the wait makes the buy that much sweeter. Hope you get a good deal on it.
type241
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:20 am    Post subject: What year 356? Reply with quote

I honestly dont know exact year on 356. I pretty sure it is a B. That is why I said 62ISH as I dont know for sure. The old fella wasn't sure either.
He is well into his eighties, so not to remember is to be expected.Anyone tell the year? If it was a bus I could tell you years.
Jacks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess what I meant to say is: that badging never came with ANY car from the factory.
Wiggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jacks wrote:
I guess what I meant to say is: that badging never came with ANY car from the factory.

Me too. I'm suspecting its a Super with somebody adding the 90 badging. Lets see the tach.

My 58 Ghia Vert

My 51 Split 11G

My 57 Deluxe

My 56 Oval
mpribanic
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:56 pm    Post subject: Re: What year 356? Reply with quote

type241 wrote:
I honestly dont know exact year on 356. I pretty sure it is a B. That is why I said 62ISH as I dont know for sure. The old fella wasn't sure either.
He is well into his eighties, so not to remember is to be expected.Anyone tell the year? If it was a bus I could tell you years.

1962 or 1963. Drum Brakes & twin grill.

https://vimeo.com/67661950
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Fritter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who gives a patootie about details, it's a complete 356 that he's going to probably get a deal on! Report back when you get it!
spanky324
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wheres the pedals?
type241
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:48 pm    Post subject: 912 Pedals Rebuilt Reply with quote

Heres the 912 pedals. I had to rebuild them. Used oiled bronze instead of the plastic bushings.

The S emblem is not connected to the SUPER 90 emblem. I am guessing the S is an add on. Owner says it is real.
What emlem should be on the rear if it is a real super?
What is the tach difference?
spanky324
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job!!
Fritter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good job on the 912 cluster, I just rebuilt my '68 911's cluster a few months back with the same bronze bushings. That roll pin is fun to get out isn't it? Very Happy
Wiggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fritter wrote:
Who gives a patootie about details, it's a complete 356 that he's going to probably get a deal on!

Cuz it makes a difference.... a Super 90 is more valuable than a Super. Would you say the same if it was a Carrera?

My 58 Ghia Vert

My 51 Split 11G

My 57 Deluxe

My 56 Oval
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Porsche - 911/912/914 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: