Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Need pics of a 1989 Vanagon engine! Please Help!!
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
vanjoe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:41 pm    Post subject: Need pics of a 1989 Vanagon engine! Please Help!! Reply with quote

I just bought a sweet 1989 Wolfburg Edition off Craigslist for $1750. This Vanagon is in awesome condition. The reason I got it so cheap was there was a fire in the engine compartment from faulty fuel lines that were never replaced. Fortunately the fire was extingushed quick with only minor damage. The van was running really good before this incident the previous owner told me. He got new fuel line from Van cafe and replaced most of them so far. He ran out of time and sold it to me. Now I am going to finish where he left off. I am new to the sight. I had a 1987 van a few years back for a few months and really liked it. I missed it and that is why I got this one. I am not totally knowledgable on these vans yet but am reading a lot on them. I am very mechanically inclined. I am a Refrigeration Tech for a living. If anyone can please get me some detailed pics of the entire top of a motor please email them to me @ [email protected] and if someone wants to call me and help me out I would greatly appreciate it. I am EXTREMELY excited about getting this back on the rode asap. The guy I bought it from has given me all the parts to put it back together. I am hoping to get started on it tommorrow.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
blakeck2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ill take some pics tomorrow and send them over, If you dont own a Bently I suggest getting one as it is a savior
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Facebook Classifieds Feedback
240Gordy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

look for Ben'splace.ca or .com he has many many pictures of vanagon engines and a write up on changing fuel lines among other things,

also look for "the better wasserboxer" by Tencentlife, his rebuilt engines are a source of excellent inspiration of how a clean and tidy installation should look.
1985 GL now with more! a 2.1L
H&R SPORT(RED) Springs FRONT , SLAM SPECIALTIES RE6 AIRBAGS REAR
Jamos
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a great reference:

http://benplace.com/fuel_line.htm
vanjoe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies. I actually have the ben fuel line info. The fuel lines are already done. I have to put all the vaccuum hoses and all the other stuff that goes on top of the engine. I want to make sure I do it right that is why I am hoping to get pics. I will take some pics of what it looks like know and the parts I have. I was also going to ask if anyone has used polyurethene tubing before for vaccuum line. It is supposed to be a lot better than rubber and is way more heat and chemical resistant. I was thinking about using it for the vaccuum system.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
offthewallace
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just emailed you an overhead picture of the engine - same model & year. All stock... let me know if you need more detail.

1989 Wolfsburg
2212 WBX - Manual
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: