Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Exhaust- Brand and Supplier product reveiw
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jamos
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought an OE muffler (Bosal?) and tailpipe from the Bus Depot about 5 years ago for my old 1.9 WBX. Before I sold it it was about 2 years old. The muffler was in good shape, although starting to rust a bit...the tailpipe was completely rusted.

I bought an OE muffler (Ansa?) for my 2.1 WBX from Van Cafe about 6 months ago. It still looks brand new. At the same time I bought a GoWesty "HD" tailpipe. It is now just about fully oxidized/rusted. I'm sure it will be fine for a long time, but I may go for a stainless one at some point.
morymob
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The muffler i have been using for any of my owned wbxs is from 60s Ford Falcon 6cyl. right dia,close on length,comes with short turned exit pipe and quite as orig,maybe better.Maremont brand i get from a muffler etc repair shopand has been a easy install,current one is about 11yrs in use. Using an extra engine i am going to do my own pipes as simuliar(not as fancy) as 10-cts using aluminized pipe.
Terry Kay
Banned

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For an OEM direct fit muffler with a lifetime warrantee, I suggest hitting any local parts stores, and ask for a Walker muffler.
They fit perfect and are guaranted for as long as you own your vehicle.

About $75.00

The pipes I'd contact the Van Cafe and talk to Chris.

He'll be able to answer any of your questions straight out, and you'll get exactly what your looking for at a decent price, and really fast shipping.

Big difference from the Barn In Pa. where nobody know's much, and the part takes forever to get to your door, and may be possibly the wrong stuff.
rogerbrunswick
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:37 am    Post subject: This isn't going to be the most popular question... Reply with quote

Most everyone on this site seems pretty focused on quiet exhausts...I'm from the opposite school of thought. I'm trying to run down a stinger type set up for my van...I've got an air-cooled '82 Vanagon...It's not a performance engine by any stretch of the imagination, so I figured if I'm not going fast I might as well sound good...

Does anyone have any info on this? Will I lose power with a set up like this? Thanks for the help!

-Matt
tencentlife
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tangerine Racing

Please don't PM here, I will not reply.

Experience is kryptonite to doctrine.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Terry Kay
Banned

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:37 pm    Post subject: Re: This isn't going to be the most popular question... Reply with quote

<<Does anyone have any info on this? Will I lose power with a set up like this? Thanks for the help!>>

You won't gain anything, you won't lose anything.

A Cherry Bomb Glass pack, & two exhaust flanges welded on the ends is all you need.

Cost?

The mffler is $19.00, two new exhaust flanges are $30.00

For $49.00 your in buisness.
rogerbrunswick
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love you guys...no homo.
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:39 am    Post subject: eVWParts Vanagon exhaust Reply with quote

All the Vanagon exhaust parts are OEM manufacture, either Dansk or Jopex, owned by ther same Danish company. They are the same thickness as stock. Catalytic converters are aftermarket, to compete with all the other aftermarlet, and mufflers are avialable German OEM or aftermarket.
insyncro
Banned

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI,

S&S has gone belly up.

dylan
Alaric.H
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a set of S&S if some one wants to make a deal.

[/img]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: